Selbach ( victory ) is a municipality in the district of Old churches in Rhineland- Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality of knowledge.
- 4.1 Attractions
- 4.2 associations
Selbach is located about 4 km southeast of the city of knowledge and 3 km west of Gebhardshain.
To the local community Selbach ( victory ) include the districts Brunken and church soaps as well as the hamlet Neuhöfchen. Parts of the church soaps and Neuhöfchen lie within the city limits of knowledge.
Selbach was first documented in 1500. By the end of the 18th century the place was gorgeous country divided into three parts, he was part of Sayn - old churches, zu Sayn- Hachenburg and Electoral Cologne sub- rule Schönstein.
On May 1, 1973, the Municipality of was " Selbach, Official Knowledge" in " Selbach ( win) " renamed.
The development of the population of Selbach, the values from 1871 to 1987 based on population censuses:
The local council in Selbach ( victory ) consists of twelve council members, who were elected at the municipal election held on 7 June 2009 of personalized proportional representation, and the honorary mayor as chairman.
Allocation of seats in the local council:
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: "In Green a fallen -curved silver tip, is a continuous black cross, topped with four silver discs in quatrefoil, in a red rose with green sepals and golden slugs, front and rear a goldbordierter red wave beams in the front two diagonally crossed golden Lohschäler, rear diagonally crossed golden hammer and mallet. "
Culture and sights
- A creek trail, won the second prize in the national competition " child and youth-friendly village renewal ", allows the direct experience of the stream fauna and flora on Selbach. The trail begins in the Meadow road in Selbach.
- The DJK knowledge - Selbach offers of wheel gymnastics over fist ball to basketball around a dozen different sports on.
- St.Hubertus Protect Brotherhood e.V. Selbach
- Musikverein Brunken 1926 e.V.
- Football club Sportfreunde Selbach
Economy and infrastructure
The place is, inter alia, characterized by a jointly organized timber industry. Since the 19th century, 140 ha of forest have been distributed to several Haubergsgenossen and forest prospective properties. To date, these woodlots are shared.