Sengenthal is a municipality in the Upper Palatinate district of Neumarkt in the Upper Palatinate and a member of the administrative community Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz.
- 2.1 Amalgamations
- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Coat of Arms
- 4.1 Economics
- 4.2 connection
- 5.1 churches
- 5.2 monuments
- 5.3 Attractions
The community Sengenthal located south of Neumarkt, at the western ascent to the Upper Palatinate or Franconian Jura.
The municipality has 21 Sengenthal officially named districts:
- Brown mill
- Book mountain
- Greißelbach Station
- Box mill
- Schmid mill
- Sengenthal on Anger
There are the following districts: Forest, Reichertshofen, Sengenthal, Stauf.
Sengenthal and forestry were part of the imperial Hofmark Berngau, which came after the death of the last Hohenstaufen Conradin to the Wittelsbach family in the 13th century. In Reichertshofen contrast, a service man narrowness of Bad Reichsministerialen of stone was located. The Reichert Hofer which are documented in 1315-1424, had their goods to the kingdom as a fief. After the extinction of the feudal justice Reichert Hofer was transferred to the Lords of Wolfenstein, while team and sway electoral remained the oblique beams with the three stars in the arms of the municipality Sengenthal was taken from the coat of arms Reichert Hofer.
Due to the formation of the parish Reichertshofen 125 years ago ( previously at the parish Berngau ) for the first time created a the church today appropriate relationship between the locations of the community Sengenthal, which was then reinforced by a school district Reichertshofen, book mountain and Sengenthal with school based in Reichertshofen. Significant changes occurred in what is now a municipality until 1945. The industrialization ( construction and building materials industry) and the rail connection, the population of the municipality Sengenthal rose from 900 in 1939 to currently 2730 inhabitants. In addition, a significant structural change occurred. So there are in the community Sengenthal now operating facilities with many employees.
In Sengenthal there is a primary school for children from the municipality and a Catholic kindergarten.
On January 1, 1972, the formerly independent municipalities were integrated forestry and Reichertshofen. 1 July 1972, parts of the territory were added Stauf.
The council has 14 members. Management comes from Neumarkt (see: Administrative Community Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz), council meetings and but a mayor's office are in Sengenthal itself
Coat of arms
Blazon: In black over a silver natural rock mountain a golden slant bar, topped with three six-pointed black stars.
The coat of arms is used since 1978.
Economy and connectivity
- The municipal area, in Greißelbach, is the headquarters of the largest private construction company in Europe, Max Bögl
- The most powerful wind turbine in Bavaria on the Winnberg ( 108m altitude) in the form of a REPower 3.4M104 with 128 m hub height and 104 m rotor diameter
- By 1986 George Behringer KG in a large cement factory produced Portland cement
Federal highway 299 leads from the north Neumarkt coming south towards Mulhouse by the municipality. In addition, the railway line between Nuremberg and Regensburg runs through a part of the municipality.
Former traffic routes are the Ludwig canal with a lock in the municipality and in 1991 discontinued Sulztalbahn, which now serves as a corporate connection of the construction company Max Bögl.
- Parish Church of St. Nicholas in Reichertshofen
- The modern branch church in Sengenthal
- Chapel of St. George in the district Winnberg
→ List of monuments in Sengenthal
- Situated Permitted Jurassic quarry of a former cement factory with fossils and fossils
- The book mountain offers numerous hiking trails, among other things, you will pass the legendary Devil's Cellar, where a car is to be filled with gold. On the mountain there are prehistoric fortifications (so-called Celts jumps ).
- A quarry (sand pit) on the main road 299 at the district Greißelbach offers swimming and recreational activities in the summer.
- Cycling: Sengthaler round trip, to the land of the witnesses mountains and adventure channel
- The Ludwig-Danube- Main Canal is ideal for fishing and cycling
- Remains of the former Sulztalbahn and the historic station building in Greißelbach
- Ludwig Körner (1915-2012), rk pastor, first Dean of the Deanery of Eichstätt, honorary citizen of Doll stone and support the Public Service Medal in Gold in Sengenthal