Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles
Los Angeles County
Sherman Oaks is a district of Los Angeles area and is located south of the San Fernando Valley. The area is dominated urban, with a mix of suburban housing, schools and communities, shops and office buildings.
Sherman Oaks on the east by Studio City, at Beverly Crest and Bel Air in the south, Encino to the west and Van Nuys to the north. It extends from Mulholland Drive along the Van Nuys Boulevard over the Los Angeles River to the Burbank Boulevard.
The construction of the Los Angeles Aqueduct in 1913 to supply drinking water to the growing city caused an economic boom along the way. In anticipation of this development, there was land speculation, followed by the small community involved early on since 1910. 1911 General Moses Hazeltine Sherman acquired 1,000 acres ( 4 km ² ), which he sold in 1927 pazellierte and profitable.
In Sherman Oaks 73.8 % White, 11.8% Hispanic or Latino, 5.7 % Asian, 4.4% African American and 4.4% others live. The average age is 27 years and the median income at $ 69,651 (as of Census 2000).
- Jennifer Aniston, actress
- Christian Bale, actor and Oscar winner
- Wayne Brady, comedian, voice actor and singer
- Chris Broderick, guitarist
- LeVar Burton, actor, director and author
- David Caruso, actor
- Joseph Gordon -Levitt, actor
- Paris Hilton, fashion designer, fashion model, actress, singer and businesswoman
- Jackson DeForest Kelley, actor
- Stephen Root, actor
- Bridget Marquardt, model and actress
- Elizabeth, Mary -Kate and Ashley Olsen, actresses
- Tom Selleck, actor
- Charlie Sheen, actor
- J. Michael Straczynski, writer and producer
- Jack Starrett, actor and director
- Tiny Tim, Pop Musician and Entertainer
Sherman Oaks in the media
Sherman Oaks is a popular location for film and television.
- Buffy - The Vampire Slayer was filmed partly in the Sherman Oaks Galleria
- Often scene were taken from Desperate Housewives at the Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Park and Maxson 's Drug Store in
- The End of The Rattlesnake played in Sherman Oaks
- Repeated scenes of Scrubs
- The florist in Six Feet Under - Died always
- Alan Harper's ex-wife Judith in the sitcom Two and a Half Men living in Sherman Oaks
- Scenes from Terminator 2 - Judgment Day, Crash and Transformers were included here
St. Francis de Sales Catholic Church
, Wiener Werkstätte ', Würstelbude