Shuozhou (Chinese朔州 市) is a prefecture -level city in the Chinese province of Shanxi. She has an administrative area of 10,662 km ² and approximately 1.41 million inhabitants ( end of 2003). In Shuozhou there is coal mining.
At county level, Shuozhou is made up of two districts and four counties. These are:
- Municipality Shuocheng (朔 城区), 1793 km ², 380,000 inhabitants;
- Municipality Pinglu (平 鲁 区), 2314 km ², 190,000 inhabitants;
- Circle Shanyin (山阴 县), 1652 km ², 220,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Daiyue (岱岳 镇);
- Circle Ying (应 县), 1708 km ², 270,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Jincheng (金 城镇);
- Circle Youyu (右玉 县), 1965 km ², 100,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Xincheng (新 城镇);
- Circle Huairen (怀仁县), 1230 km ², 250,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Yunzhong (云 中 镇).