Sławsko ( German name Alt Schlawe, formerly Altenschlawe ) is a village in the rural community Sławno ( Schlawe ) in a circle Sławno the Polish West Pomeranian Voivodeship
- 6.1 parish / parish
- 6.2 parish
- 6.3 pastor
- 9.1 Literature
- 9.2 Notes and references
- 9.3 External links
The farming village Sławsko (Alt Schlawe ) is located in Eastern Pomerania, three kilometers northeast of the county town Sławno ( Schlawe ). Neighboring locations are: in the west and north Sławno, Radosław ( Coccejendorf ) Tokary ( Deutschrode ) and Staniewice ( Stemnitz ), to the east and south Wrześnica ( Freetz ) and Warszkowo (Alt Warschow ).
In the south of the village in an open field extends along the river Wieprza ( Wipper ) with about 15 meters above sea level., The north and west of arable land, about 30 meters above sea level., And to the east heathland. Shortly after leaving the town in the direction Staniewice is the Schlawer for so-called Old Lake.
The place name derives from the castle Schlawe, which was in 1186 on the left bank of the Wipper created on a base increase. Forms of the name are Zlavinia ( 1186 ) and Sclawena ( 1265 ), then the Old Schlawe or elderly stroke. Until 1317 the name Schlawe always designates the castle, only then the newly founded city Schlawe.
The village of Old Schlawe was built on the site of the former castle Schlawe, which was mentioned in 1186 as a castle Zlavinia first. It was the seat of the descendants of the Duke Ratibor I of Pomerania. 1271 Detlev was of Schlezen first Vogt at the castle, and in 1273 took Duke Mestwin II of Pomerania, the castles in the land of Stolp and Schlawe from the Margrave of Brandenburg as a fief.
Since the beginning of the 13th century there was except the castle, a house of the Order of St. John. 1402 Castle of the name " Old Schlawe " ( Olden Slav ) was destroyed by Schlawer citizens and mentions of Prince Bogusław VIII. The Castle Collection, Wall and moat were leveled end of the 19th century.
The oldest farms of the village were in the family since the 16th century. Around 1780 was a so-called Altenschlawe, knight free Vorwerk ' with 637 acres of land. With 38 hearths ( households ), the village was one of the largest villages in the Rügenwalder Office. 1818 lived 411 inhabitants, whose number rose to 1895 in 1046 and 1939, amounted to 852.
Beginning of March 1945, the Red Army occupied without resistance the village. The bombardment of the city Schlawe then went to Old Schlawe farms and the mill in flames. As of June 1945, the houses and farms were occupied and taken over by Polish and Ukrainian immigrants who came mostly from areas east of the Curzon Line. It began the expulsion of the locals, relying on the so-called Bierut Decrees. Many Alt- Schlawer were deported or could only reach the end of December 1946 in the West.
Under the name Sławsko the village of Old Schlawe is now part of Gmina Sławno in powiat Slawienski the West Pomeranian Voivodeship ( to 1998 Voivodeship Stolp ) with 860 inhabitants.
Development of the population
Local structure to 1945
The municipality Old Schlawe belonged before 1945 two living spaces:
District Old Schlawe
With the communities Coccejendorf ( Radosław ) and New Warschow ( Warszkówko ) Old Schlawe formed before 1945, the Office Old Schlawe. It belonged to the district Schlawe i Pom. in the district of the Prussian province of Pomerania Pomerania. Civil ceremony Coccejendorf was integrated to Old Schlawe, the expected incidentally to bankruptcy court Schlawe.
Parish / parish
The population of Old Schlawe was before 1945, without exception, Protestant denomination. The village was the parish seat for the same parish, to which except the parish of Old Schlawe with Deutschrode ( Tokary ) the parishes Freetz ( Wrześnica ) and Stemnitz ( Staniewice ) included with Wilhelmine ( Wilkowice ). In 1940 the entire parish counted 2904 church members, of which 970 calculated for parish Freetz and 954 to the church community Stemnitz. By 1928, the parish belonged to the church district Rügenwalde ( Darłowo ), then to church Schlawe ( Sławno ) of the ecclesiastical province of the Church of the Old Prussian Pomerania Union.
Since 1945, live in predominantly Catholic Sławsko inhabitants. The Catholic Church in Poland built here on 24 January 1986 a separate parish, which was assigned to the deanery in the Diocese of Koszalin - Kolobrzeg Sławno. About 2,000 church members belong to it, which are distributed to a total of four parish: in addition to the mother church Sławsko the affiliated churches Pieszcz ( Peest ), Radosław ( Coccejendorf ) and - as before 1945 - Staniewice ( Stemnitz ). Here surviving Protestant church members belong to the parish Koszalin ( Koszalin ) or Slupsk ( Stolp ) in the Diocese of Pomerania - Greater Poland the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Poland.
Already in the 14th century, the simple brick church was built as a three-aisled hall church with a large, massive western tower on a hill. 1489 she was - after the place had lost its importance - completed in a simple form. Individual components such as windows, tower, gables and south entrance were replaced. The large gable roof tower has some, expanding inward interruptions, suggesting a use of the tower for defense purposes.
Was impressive before 1945, the three-part Renaissance retable, the baptismal font made of granite and brass Taufschlae with relief scenes from the 1697.
For more than four hundred years used as a Protestant church, the Old Schlawer church was expropriated after 1945 in favor of the Catholic Church. On July 22, 1947 it was rededicated and Sw as kościół. Piotra i Paweł placed under the patronage of St. Peter and Paul.
Until 1656 the clergy lived in Schlawe, first pastor Schuzius built in Old Schlawe an apartment for presbytery. Before 1945, here officiated 17 ( German ) Protestant clergymen, 1945 to date 8 ( Polish ) Catholic minister:
The Old Schlawer school consisted of two buildings with three classrooms and three teachers apartments. Two to three cohorts were taught in a classroom. The last main teacher before 1945 were Hermann Papenfuß and Ewald meadow.
There is a connection to a secondary road that from Sławno on Staniewice ( Stemnitz ) to Postomino ( Pustamin ) and as a province road 203 to Ustka ( Stolpmünde ) leads. In the village a road branches off to the north-west Radosław ( Coccejendorf ), which at the railway station Radosław Slawienski, which was earlier than Coccejendorf station in the district Sławsko, the former and now abandoned railroad line Schlawe - crosses Stolpmünde. Stations for Sławsko today Sławno or Wrześnica ( Freetz ) to the state railway line 202 Gdańsk - Stargard ( Pomerania ).