Snowblind Studios was an American development studio for computer games in Kirkland (Washington).
The company was founded in 1997. As the first development work created Snowblind commissioned by Kemco the two racing games Top Gear Overdrive Top Gear Hyper Bike. In 2001 the studio for Interplay Entertainment with Baldur 's Gate designed: Dark Alliance for the first time an action role-playing game that received high critical acclaim and sold over one million copies, of which 500,000 outstanding to the PlayStation 2 One feature was the of lead programmer Ezra Dreisbach developed graphics engine, which was evaluated in particular with its water effects as very progressive. The subsequently described as Snowblind and Dark Alliance Engine game engine has been reused by Snowblind in the following titles and licensed to other companies.
After Dark Alliance, the company developed for Sony 2004, the playful very similar action role-playing game Champions of Norrath, which was settled in the RPG world EverQuest and also received high ratings. As the first Snowblind title the title contained a online multiplayer mode via the broadband adapter additional hardware for the PS2. In 2005 appeared with Champions: Return to Arms a successor. In April 2009, Snowblind Studios were taken over by the media and entertainment company Time Warner, and thereby part of the growing software subsidiary Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Under Warner Bros. Snowblind by Surreal Software and Monolith Productions was combined to WB Games Seattle, remained as a brand but continue to receive. For the new owner Snowblind developed the licensed title The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, which was published in November 2011. In the same month, WB Games Seattle hit a wave of layoffs. According to reports of a Kotaku columnist this release went mostly to the detriment of Snowblind, why WB Games Seattle "Monolith Productions more or less" is now.
Games with the Snowblind engine
- 2001 Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance ( GameCube, PS2, Xbox)
- 2004 Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 ( PS2, Xbox)
- 2004 X -Men: Legends ( GameCube, PS2, Xbox)
- 2004 Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel ( PS2, Xbox)
- 2004 The Bard's Tale ( Android, iOS, Mac OS, PS2, Win, Xbox)
- 2004 Champions of Norrath (PS2 )
- 2005 Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers (Xbox, PS2, Win)
- 2005 Champions: Return to Arms (PS2 )
- 2006 Justice League Heroes (NDS, PS2, PSP, Xbox)
- 2011 The Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3, Xbox 360, Win)