Software Freedom Day
Software Freedom Day (SFD ) is an annual, global event where the successes of free and open source software are celebrated and is informed of their benefits. The event is believed to be the largest event to free software world. The local events are very different in scope and character.
The events as copy of the Open CD were distributed. This is a compilation of selected free software for Windows. Among the sponsors of the event include the company Sun, Google, and Canonical and the Free Software Foundation. The SFD will be held in September on the third Saturday.
The SFD was celebrated for the first time in 2004. On 28 August 2004 on 70 teams took part worldwide work.
- On September 10, 2005: about 300 teams
- On September 21, 2006: about 330 teams
- On September 15, 2007: about 260 teams
- On September 20, 2008: approximately 500 teams
- 19 September 2009: about 400 teams
- 18 September 2010: approximately 400 teams
- 17 September 2011: about 440 teams
- For 15 September 2012, no numbers known