Song Yuan (Chinese松原 市/松原 市, pinyin Sōngyuán Shì ) is a prefecture-level city in western China's Jilin province. Songyuan has an area of 20,159 km ² and approximately 2.81 million inhabitants ( end of 2004).
At county level, Songyuan is composed of a municipality, two circles, one autonomous district and one independent city together. These are:
- Municipality Ningjiang (宁江区), 1269 km ², 520,000 inhabitants, center, seat of the city government;
- District Changling (长岭县), 5787 km ², 640,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Changling (长 岭镇);
- Circle Qian'an (干 安县), 3522 km ², 300,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Qian'an (干 安镇);
- Autonomous District Front Gorlos the Mongols (前 郭 尔罗斯 蒙古族 自治县), 5117 km ², 580,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Qianguo (前 郭镇);
- City Fuyu (扶余 市), 4464 km ², 770,000 inhabitants, capital: greater community Sanchahe (三岔 河镇).