Soyuz TMA- 05M is the mission name for the flight of a Russian spaceship Soyuz series of the International Space Station. In the course of the ISS program of flight is called ISS AF - 31S. It was the 31st visit to a Soyuz spacecraft to the ISS and the 137th flight in Sojusprogramm.
- Yuri Ivanovich Malenchenko ( fifth space flight), Commander, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Sunita Williams ( second space flight ), aircraft engineer, (USA / NASA)
- Akihiko Hoshide ( second space flight), flight engineer, ( Japan / JAXA )
- Roman Romanenko Jurjewitsch ( second space flight), Commander, ( Russia / Roskosmos )
- Chris Austin Hadfield ( third space flight), flight engineer, ( Canada / CSA)
- Henry Thomas Marshburn ( second space flight), flight engineer, (USA / NASA)
The spacecraft made three crew members of the ISS Expeditions 32 and 33 to the International Space Station. It solved Soyuz TMA- 03M from the rescue capsule.
The launch was originally scheduled for June 1, but had to be postponed due to the test mishap with Soyuz TMA- 04M. Soyuz TMA- 05M finally launched July 15, 2012 2:40 UTC from the launch pad at Baikonur to the ISS 1. Two days later the ship docked one minutes earlier than planned at 4:51 UTC on the Russian module Rassvet on. The landing took place in the early hours of 19 November 2012. It was the first night landing of the Soyuz spacecraft since 2006.