Ss. Boris and Gleb Cathedral, Daugavpils
St. Boris and Gleb is a Russian Orthodox cathedral and main church of the Latvian city of Daugavpils. It can hold up to 5,000 worshipers.
The church is located together with the Catholic Church of the Immaculate Conception, the Protestant Martin Luther Cathedral and the house of prayer of the Old Believers themselves. Church on the hill The church was built in 1905 for the Russian garrison in the neo-Russian style. Funded by the military church was dedicated to Saints Boris and Gleb and the Moscow Metropolitans Alexius on 25 July 1905.
The dominant colors are sky blue and white. The domes of ten onion domes are gilded. The icons of oak iconostasis are probably prepared by Viktor Mikhailovich Vasnetsov copies of Volodymyr in Kyiv.
There was previously an already built a church in 1866, which was dedicated to Constantine the Great and his mother Helena on the site of the present church. She was already Russian garrison church.
- Inyourpocket.com (English)
- Nasha.lv (Russian)
55.87055555555626.538055555556Koordinaten: 55 ° 52 ' 14 " N, 26 ° 32' 17 " O
- Church buildings in Latvia
- Russian Orthodox church buildings
- Boris and Gleb Church
- Neo-Byzantine church
- Built in the 1900s