St Helen's Basilica
The Basilica of St. Helena is a church in the Maltese town of Birkirkara on the island of Malta.
The foundation stone of the church was laid in 1727, it was completed in 1745. On January 18, 1950 by Pope Pius XII. raised to the basilica.
The facade is inspired by the Sicilian Baroque, the interior is rich in frescoes and altars (12 in number). The church measures 54 times 33.5 meters.
The church houses the bell of Malta, which weighs eight tons, is three meters high and has a diameter of 2.5 meters. It was cast in 1931 in Milan.