St. Leonhard (Nuremberg U-Bahn)
Metro Station St. Leonhard (abbreviation: SL) is the 24th Metro Station Nuremberg subway and opened on 28 January 1984. It is served by the U2 and U21 and is 517 meters from Schweinau Metro Station and 762 meters from the Rothenburgerstraße Metro Station. The metro station is named after the 1898 eingemeindeten Nuremberg district Sankt Leohnard in which it lies.
The station is located in the district of Nuremberg St. Leonhard and extends below the ground in north-south direction under the Schweinauer road between green and Orffstraße. From both platforms perform stairways directly in the pedestrian zone "Pig Straße ". An elevator connects the platform level with the surface.
Building and Architecture
The station building is 120 m long, 15 m wide and 6 m deep (one -down position ). Construction began on 1 July 1980 and were carried out in an open design with Berlin wall. Since the train station and the adjacent tunnel routes extend to the foundations of the surrounding houses, the entire structure was placed on a mass-spring system in order not to give the vibrations of the subway trains to the environment.
The architecture of the station is inspired by the lining of the platform walls and columns with sandstone on the rows of houses surrounding it.