Staatliches Filmarchiv der DDR
The National Film Archive of the GDR ( SFA) was the central film archive of the German Democratic Republic.
The archive was founded on October 1, 1955 had to secure the task of collecting the national film production, and made available to the public. The first director was Rudolf Bernstein, the former head of the Progress movie rentals. In April 1958, Gerhard Karsch director of the SFA, the same year Herbert Volkmann followed, who headed the archive until 1969.
From 1969 until the unification with the Federal Film Archive in October 1990 was Wolfgang claw director of the SFA. 1979 Claw President of the Fédération Internationale des Archives du Film ( FlAF ), 1982 he was re-elected for a second term.
The stocks included film copies that the Soviet Union had passed since 1954, the government of the GDR, as well as copies of all national film productions. For the preservation and restoration of its holdings, the Archives had its own lab.
After German reunification, the National Film Archive of the GDR was incorporated on 3 October 1990 in the Federal Film Archive.
- Film library
- Film ( DDR)