Stade de la Mosson
- HSC Montpellier
- Games of Montpellier
- Football World Cup 1998
- Rugby Union World Cup 2007
The Stade de la Mosson is a football stadium in Montpellier in Hérault (France).
- 3.1 Preliminary
The stadium is owned by the city and was opened in 1972. It lies west of Montpellier, near the river Mosson, which gives the stadium its name. Essentially, the sports facilities for football ( Montpellier HSC ) is used. However, there are also held rugby games. Since the 1998 World Cup, the arena bears the official name of " Stade de la Mosson - Mondial 98 ". For the fans, it also bears the nickname La marmite du diable ( The Devil German boiler).
In 2002 and 2003, the stadium was flooded because the Mosson burst its banks. Here, the lawn and the players' dressing rooms were flooded.
After the rise of Montpellier HSC in the French first league 1987, the arena was completely renovated and expanded to 23,500 seats. During the World Cup 1998 we expanded the stadium to capacity of 35,500 spectators. For the Rugby Union World Cup 2007, a new turf was laid, installed two video walls and renews the floodlights and the press gallery.
Games of the 1998 World Cup at the Stade de la Mosson
- . 7733819425010 June 1998: Morocco Morocco - Norway Norway 2-2
- . 7733838030012 June 1998: Paraguay Paraguay - Bulgaria 0:0
- . 7733884542517 June 1998: Italy Italy - Cameroon Cameroon 3-0
- . 7733931055022 June 1998: Colombia Colombia - Tunisia 1-0
- . 7733958962525 June 1998: Germany Germany - Iran Iran 2-0
- . 7733996172529 June 1998: Germany Germany - Mexico Mexico 2-1
Games of the Rugby Union World Cup 2007 in Montpellier
- 7,769,559,630,012th September 2007: United States United States - Tonga Tonga 15:25
- 7,769,596,840,016th September 2007: Samoa Samoa - Tonga Tonga 15:19
- 7,769,661,957,523th September 2007: Australia - Fiji Fiji 55:12
- 7,769,727,075,030th September 2007: South Africa South Africa - United States United States 64:15