- FC Valenciennes (1930-2011)
- Games of FC Valenciennes
The Stade Nungesser was opened in 1930 home stadium of FC Valenciennes, to the east of Valenciennes in the district Nungesser on Avenue de Reims. It football games were played there mostly. His name had the stadium from the French fighter pilot Charles Nungesser.
A year after the opening of the stadium got a velodrome. 1938 was the capacity of 13,000 seats. 1953 VIP stand was built, what the number of seats increased to 21,500. The attendance record is from the March 13, 1955 from the game FC Valenciennes against CS Sedan ( 3-0), which tracked 21,268 spectators.
Meanwhile, in a good state, the arena was renovated in 1992, had since following a decision Erstligastadien have at least 20,000 seats. The velodrome was removed, leaving the door a covered stand was built. Shortly after completion, the roof was destroyed by a storm. As Valenciennes relegation from the Premier League, the plans were shelved.
2006, the club returned to the top division and the Stade Nungesser was again renovated. The capacity was then at 16,547 seats. Installed in 2007, the association an electronic scoreboard.
Since the plans for a reconstruction of the stadium failed because of lack of space and armed with local residents, a new stadium was built elsewhere. It was originally Stade Nungesser II hot, was actually named in Stade du Hainaut, following a decision of the municipal owner after the region in which it lies. Construction began in May 2008 and the inauguration took place on 26 July 2011. It offers 25,000 people at football matches and up to 40,000 people at concerts space.
After the inauguration of the new stadium began on 2 November 2011, the demolition of the old home of FC Valenciennes, which was completed on 23 February 2012.