Stare Siołkowice ( German: Alt scarf Schukowitzgasse ) is a town in Upper Silesia. Stare Siołkowice located in the municipality Popielów (Alt Poppelau ) in Opolski powiat (district Opole ) in the Polish Opole Voivodeship.
- 5.1 Sons and daughters of the town
Stare Siołkowice located 19 kilometers northwest of the county town of Opole and voivodship.
In the plebiscite in Upper Silesia on March 20, 1921 voted in 1522 voters to remain in Germany and 506 for Poland. In Gutsbezirk Mining oak wood 80 people voted for Germany and Poland for six. Old scarf Schukowitzgasse remained with the German Reich. 1933 lived 2762 inhabitants in the town. On August 10, 1936, the town was renamed in Old Schalkendorf. On April 1, 1939 Old Schalkendorf was merged with New Schalkendorf to Schalkendorf. By 1945, the place was in the district of Opole.
In 1945, the by then German Polish place and was renamed Siołkowice in starlings and joined the Silesian Voivodeship. The merger of the places was lifted. In 1950, the city came to Opole Voivodeship. In 1999 the place to powiat Opolski.
- The town has two shotgun wooden windmills.
- German friendship circle of the music groups " Heimatmelodie " and the children's group " Wróble " include
- The folkloric Women's singing group " Siołkowiczanki "
Sons and daughters of the town
- Rochus Misch (1917-2013), German SS officer and a witness
- Alfred -rounder (1921-2008), German publisher's reader and writer
- Engelbert Miś (* 1943), German journalist