Staufenberg, Lower Saxony
Staufenberg is a municipality in the district of Göttingen. It is the southernmost municipality in Lower Saxony.
The border Staufenbergs extends outside the gates of Kassel on the Hessian border, northwest of Speele, up in the Fulda valley until shortly before Niestetal / Sandershausen and then swings south from. The course goes to the Hessian border on, exceeds the old smugglers' path, going over the hill down to the Niestetal. From there it extends further upwards to the east. This limit, from the street Sandershausen - Landwehrhagen ( old imperial road ) crossed, is still characterized by the old landmarks of the Kingdom of Hanover and the Electorate of Hesse. Above the village Nieste is the limit on the heights of the Kaufunger Forest, Umschwang, to the Hessian community Kleinalmerode. There they swung north-west, the forest house, nuns wood, for teaching Forestry Office Escherode belonging, through the forest to Kaufunger over to the cow pasture Naturfreundehaus Steinberg and at the old colliery and brickworks Steinberg over. Then she runs to the west, behind the Great Staufenberg about the Lutter Bergerhöhe down into the Fulda valley.
Staufenberg lies mostly in the southern part of the Nature Park Munden.
- Spieker Hausen
On the occasion of the Lower Saxon regional reform the municipalities Benterode, Landwehrhagen, Lutterberg, Nienhagen, sickle stone, Speele, Spieker Hausen and Uschlag were joined together in a large village on 1 January 1973. The naming took place after the two hilltops in Lutterberg, the Small and the Large Staufenberg Staufenberg. The big Staufenberg delivered in the 6th century, its basalt for construction of the nearby castle Sichelnstein, seat of the former Office Sichelnstein in the Supreme Court of Munden. The proximity to Hesse also formed since an essential feature of the community, a variety of compounds, sometimes in terms of language, point out. So counted the former Supreme Court, with the exception of Lutterberg, dialect already on Hessian -speaking world. Later, in the late sixties, the territorial reform approached, found the idea of a connection to Hesse great repercussion in the population.
As the ending " -rode " suggests, several districts go back to original forest clearings, which were carried out in the time of Charlemagne in the former Saxon Hessengau and thus used in Kaufunger forest Count Hiddi. The name of Hiddis son Asig ( ESIKO ) can still be found in the district Escherode.
The council is made up of 22 council women and councilors.
- SPD: 12 seats
- CDU: 7 seats
- Green: 3 seats
(As at municipal election on September 11, 2011)
Coat of arms
The coat of arms description reads: " In red on silver mountain goldbekrönte a silver column, each accompanied by a facing jagged silver sickle with a golden hilt; Mount launched a ten stony red battlements 3: 4: 3 ". Sickles and column are from the modified helmet jewelry of the Dukes of Brunswick / Lüneburg, which was acquired in the old Official Seal of the Office Sichelnstein or Supreme Court Munden. The bulge in the lower part symbolizes the Great Staufenberg and placed ten bricks represent the formerly independent places in the church today dar.
In 2000, a partnership agreement was signed between Staufenberg and the Hungarian community Pusztaszabolcs.
- Castle ruins Sichelnstein Sickle Steinburg can look back over a thousand years of history. To date, the exact time of the foundation is not verified. However, it leads back to the beginning of the time of Charlemagne. The descendants of the mortgaged by him Saxony Amelung said to have erected a bulwark still in the 9th century. Renewed and fixed - and since that time is also spoken of the castle Sichelnstein - it was by Otto the Quadi in 1372nd
- St. John's Church ( Uschlag )
- Churches in Nienhagen and Spieker Hausen with crucifixes, created by Heinrich Gustav Eberlein
- St. Peter Church in Landwehrhagen with a Gothic tower, renewed 1801. The exterior construction of 1822 is characterized Classical. The interior is decorated in Empire style of the Napoleonic period. Probably unique wallpaper liners are in the altar area, in the pulpit and gallery. Very courageous, open the new one had then opted for an almost fashionable version with the still new medium of extremely high quality, hand- printed paper wallpaper.
- Hühnerfeld, southernmost high moor Lower Saxony
- Gollong house, museum originated from the foundation of the artist couple Christian and Erika Gollong
- Kaufmannsche mill water mill with overshot water wheel
- Steinroda A replica medieval village at Jugendwaldheim Steinberg as a project of Libulella
- Arboretum hawk Born collection of domestic and foreign species of trees, since the mid 19th century, created by former teachers Forestry Office Escherode, cared for and maintained since 2009 by a local development association
You can reach Staufenberg example on the A 7 motorway exit (76 ) Staufenberg / Lutterberg or (77 ) Kassel- Nord.
The district Speele has a station on the Halle- Kassel railway.
The high-speed line Hannover- Wuerzburg without stopping by the municipality. They reached it in Mündener tunnel passes through the mill head tunnel and leave the church and Lower Saxony on the Fulda valley bridge Kragenhof.
The local handball club HSC Landwehrhagen plays in the Bezirksoberliga Kassel / forest area. For three years, two of them under the name HSG Niestetal - Staufenberg, the club played in the 2nd Handball - Bundesliga.
The most important son of the parish was the poet, painter and sculptor Gustav Heinrich Eberlein. Even the later Nobel Samuel Beckett after 1922 lived some time in Spieker Hausen and spent the following years there some time in the " summer beach " of Fulda.
In the district Lutterberg DHL operates a freight center.