Staven is a municipality in the district of Mecklenburg Lake District Mecklenburg -Vorpommern ( Germany ). It is by the Office Neverin, located in the municipality of the same name, managed.
Staven lies about 14 kilometers northeast of Neubrandenburg in the ground moraine of Werder.
To Staven part of the district Rossow.
Staven the district Rossow as a rose for the first time in 1303, first documented in 1325. The area was demonstrably already inhabited by Slavs. The place name derives from the Staven Stove family that owns the place was in the Middle Ages.
In the list of monuments in Staven are registered in the list of monuments of the circle Mecklenburg Lake monuments.
- Mansion in Staven ( end of the 18th century built )
- Village church in Staven and Rossow
Church in Rossow
Federal highway 197 runs east of the community, as well as the federal highway 20, which is reached via the junction Neubrandenburg -Nord in about six kilometers away. On the railway line Neubrandenburg Friedland, is located on the Staven, the passenger traffic on 14 January 1994 has been set.
- Adolf Gideon Bartholdi, (* 1688, † 1768 in Stralsund ) teacher