Steffi Jones ( 2005)
Stephanie Ann " Steffi " Jones ( born December 22, 1972 in Frankfurt am Main ) is a former German football player and since 2011 director of the German Football Association (DFB ). She played from 1991 to 2007 in the Bundesliga and from 1993 to 2007 in the national active. From 2008 to 2011 she was President of the Organising Committee for the FIFA Women's World Cup 2011.
Childhood and youth
Steffi Jones, daughter of a U.S. soldier and a German mother, grew up in Frankfurt- Bonames. The father left the family when she was three years old. Jones has completed an apprenticeship as a wholesale and foreign trade clerk and a football coach training at the Sports University in Cologne. Besides German, she has the American citizenship.
At the age of four years, Jones began playing football. From 1976 to 1986 she played in the male youth team of SV Bonames in Frankfurt. She then moved for five years to wife team of SG Praunheim. In 1990, she was with 15 goals in 18 league encounters - scorer and led the club in the Bundesliga. In the following years they often joined the club, earning her the reputation of " Queen of the Bundesliga change " earned: 1991/92 at FSV Frankfurt 1992/93 return to SG Praunheim, 1993/94 for the low TuS churches, from 1994 to 1997 again for the SG Praunheim, 1997/98 again at FSV Frankfurt from 1998 to 2000 for SC 07 Bad Neuenahr and since 2000 the first FFC Frankfurt. Your active career they ended in late 2007. Between she played from 2002 to 2003 in the United States in the women's professional league ( WUSA ) Washington Freedom.
Their first international match played Jones in 1993 against Denmark during the third place match at the European Championship, which was lost. Jones came off the bench under the name Jones - Field. In 1997, she was summoned again to the EM squad. As organizer of the German defense they had large share of the profits of the EC title, was appointed at the end in the All- Star team and named the best defensive player of the tournament. In 1999, Jones participated in their first World Cup. A year later, she won the bronze medal with the national team at the Olympic Games in Sydney. In 2001, she played in the victorious German team at the European Championship on home soil.
In the 2003 World Cup in the USA, she pulled in preliminary round match against Argentina a torn ACL in his right knee and had to pause for half a year. At the 2004 Olympics in Athens, she won the bronze medal. In 2005 she became the third consecutive European Champion with the national team. After 111 international games she declared on 26 March 2007 her retirement from the national team. A Mitgrund were the physical signs of wear after 30 years of sporting career.
Activity in the DFB
On 9 November 2007, the German Football Association, Steffi Jones appointed as President of the Organizing Committee for the FIFA Women's World Cup in 2011, this work took on 1 January 2008. Upon completion of this activity, for which she was honored several times, Jones was director of the DFB. There she is responsible for the areas of women's soccer, girls soccer and college football.
Steffi Jones is the Bundesliga Foundation since 2012 Board member.
- German champion in 1998 with the FSV Frankfurt
- German Champion 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005 and 2007 with the 1st FFC Frankfurt
- DFB Cup winner 2001, 2002 and 2003 with the first FFC Frankfurt
- U.S. champion in 2003 with the Washington Freedom
- UEFA Women 's Cup winner with the 1st FFC Frankfurt in 2002 and 2006
- World Champion 2003
- European Champion 1997, 2001 and 2005
- Olympic bronze medal in 2000 and 2004
- From her teammates she was called " chocolate ".
- Steffi Jones is not related to the Schalke 04 players Jermaine Jones. Her mother had a terrible day mother of Jermaine Jones, so they know each other. Both also grew up in the same district.
- In August 2007 book appeared Jones ' The thrill of life in the S. Fischer Verlag, 2007, ISBN 3-596-17641-7.
- 2011 Jones had a guest appearance on the television series crime scene in the episode, Offside.
- Steffi Jones was until October 2011 screen wife of the initiative respect! No place for racism.
- Steffi Jones lives openly homosexual along with a banker.