- 3.1 municipal
- 3.2 Mayor
- 3.3 Coat of Arms 3.3.1 historic community character
Stepfershausen is located northeast of the High Geba, which belongs to the Middle Rhön and with which it is connected by the Rhön- Rennsteig Hiking Trail (former Ortsverbindungsweg between Stepfershausen and Geba ). By Stepfershausen the road connecting leads between the district towns of Meiningen and Fulda in Hesse. From Stepfershausen one has a good view of the south side of the Thuringian Forest and Mount Dolmar, and island mountain, to the left and the Gebaberg clearly visible is the Pleßberg, located in front of the Rhön. In the municipality of Bach Solz, which flows into the creek at Mehmels Katza springs.
To Stepfershausen the district Träbes heard (about 2 km towards Hohe Geba ).
1 With direct road link:
- Solz (part of Rippershausen )
- Dörrensolz (part of Unterkatz )
- Träbes (part of Stepfershausen )
2 Direct connection through unpaved roads:
- Geba (part of Rhönblick )
- Seeba (part of Rhönblick )
863 Stepfershausen was first mentioned as Starcfridershusen. Parts of which was built around 1600 1200 m long village walls have been preserved and up to 5 m high. A castle was predecessor of the present church. From it the fortified cemetery, the high city wall and the gate-tower emerged that are still in good condition. 1389 this defensive system was mentioned. During this time, also called knights after the place. The site was originally part of the county cents Wasungen Henneberg - Schleusingen, but came in the 14th century to the Office Maßfeld. After the division of the county of Henneberg in 1660, the place was again briefly to 1672 to the Official Wasungen and then came back to the office Maßfeld in Herzotum Saxe-Meiningen. In 1825, he was affiliated with the Office Meiningen.
Stepfershausen 1597-1647 was affected by witch hunts: Three men and two women were indicted in witch trials, three persons executed by two processes is the starting unknown. The first victim was 1597 Elsa Ritz.
The municipal council of Stepfershausen consists of eight council women and councilors.
- SV 1 seat
- FWV 2 seats
- FV 2 seats
- TG 1 seat
- FW 1 seat
- MC 1 seat
(As at municipal election 2009)
The honorary mayor Jens pottery was elected on June 6, 2010.
Coat of arms
According to the main statute of the community Stepfershausen of 5 August 2003 as amended by the first amendment of 16 September 2003 § 2, paragraph (2), the community does not lead its own coat of arms still a separate municipality flag. The official seal bears the inscription " community Stepfershausen - Thuringia " and shows the coat of arms of the Free State of Thuringia.
Historic community character
The historic community character is heraldic incorrect. It shows a blue sign in the sign with the number 863, this is the year of the first documented reference to. The blue sign foot represents numerous sources and the abundance of water in the area. A red, schwarzgefugte brick wall symbolizes the cemetery wall of the place. Before that is a fountain, an essential symbol of the village and two towers, the church tower and the gate tower. In the background a green hill symbolizes the eastern slopes of the High Geba, on a green tree.
Culture and sights
- Stepfershausen is known for its 13 standpipes, each with its own name and as well a reflection of the village fountain.
- The Lutheran Trinity Church consists of a nave from 1702 and a vestry and a tower that are older. ( The tower was probably used to be the keep of the castle. ) In the church there are two-storey lofts on Tuscan columns, the stalls is equipped with folding seats. Even the church is used for concerts.
- The gate tower was probably a tower of the castle dialed. Its floor is made of wood and is covered by a Welsh cap. Kirch and gate tower, both of which are listed, are called guardians and custodians.
- Arthur Rudolph (1906 -Hamburg ), rocket pioneer
- Richard Sell ( * 1862 Sinnershausen; † Stepfershausen 1913 ), pastor in Stepfershausen 1884-1913 He made a special contribution to the Raiffeisen idea to keep poor farmers against usurers can. .