Stephen R. Covey ( born October 24, 1932 in Salt Lake City, Utah; † July 16, 2012 in Idaho Falls, Idaho) was an American best-selling author of self-help books and religious tracts and since 2010 professor at the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University.
- 2.1 Self -help works
- 2.2 Religious works
Covey earned a Bachelor of Science ( BSc) in Business Administration at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Harvard University and a Doctor of Religious Education (DRE ) from Brigham Young University. He was a member of Pi Kappa Alpha connection.
Covey was a practicing member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for which he evangelized two years in England. With his wife Sandra, he was the father of nine children. In 2003 he received the Fatherhood Award from the National Fatherhood Initiative.
In addition to secular self-help books Covey also wrote religious tracts. Mormon ideas were repeatedly described as the basis also of his secular writings. However Covey assured that he 'll " never religion or politics into his books or worldwide seminars " incorporated.
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People ( 1989) ( ISBN 0-671-70863-5, German: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective, ISBN 3-453-09174-4 or The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, ISBN 978-3-89749 - 573-9 ).
- Principle Centered Leadership (1992) ( ISBN 0-671-79280-6, German: The effective leader, ISBN 978-3-593-38978-3 ).
- First Things First, co-authored with Roger and Rebecca Merrill ( 1994) ( ISBN 0-684-80203-1, German: The way to essentially, 978-3593383897 ).
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families " ( 1997) ( ISBN 978-1435120587, German: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective for families, ISBN 978-3-89749-728-3 )
- Living the Seven Habits ( 2000) ( ISBN 0-684-85716-2, German: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Workbook: . To integrate the 7 Habits into your life, ISBN 978-3869361062 ).
- The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness ( 2004) ( ISBN 0-684-84665-9, German: The 8th Habit: with effectiveness to greatness, ISBN 3-89749-574-0 ).
- Spiritual Roots of Human Relations ( 1970) ( ISBN 0-87579-705-9 ).
- The Divine Center (1982) ( ISBN 1-59038-404-0 ).
- 6 Events: The Restoration Model for Solving Life's Problems ( 2004) ( ISBN 1-57345-187-8 )
- Medal of the Thomas More College of service to humanity
- The National Entrepreneur of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The 1994 International Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- One of the 25 most influential Americans in 1996 in the list of Time Magazine
- Sikh International Man of Peace Award 1998
- 2003 Fatherhood Award from the National Fatherhood Initiative
- 2004 Golden Gavel Award from Toastmasters International
- Corporate Core Values Award from the California University of Pennsylvania Franklin Covey Conference 2006
- Utah Valley Entrepreneurial Forum Hall of Fame
- Maharishi Award from Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa