Steve Soper ( born September 27, 1952 in Greenford ) is a retired British racing driver.
He drove touring cars and sports cars. In 1983, he almost became BTCC champion, but his Rover was deemed illegal. In the years 1988 and 1993, he came runner-up in 1988 in a Ford Sierra and 1993 in a BMW behind team-mate Joachim Winkelhock. In the first World Touring Car Championship 1987, he was fifth overall and second in the 1997 FIA GT Championship.
He also competed in the European, Japanese and German Touring Car Championship. He won the Nürburgring 24 Hours in 1987, the 24 Hours of Spa in 1992 and 1995 and the touring car race in Macao in 1997.
In 2001 he returned with Peugeot back in the BTCC. The vehicle, however, was inferior to the Vauxhall Astra. Soper finished sixth overall. After a serious accident in the last race he finished medical advice his racing career.
Soper is married to Louise. They have two daughters together. From his first marriage Soper comes from a son.
- 2001 BTCC on Peugeot
- 1999 5th Place 24 Hours of Le Mans
- 1997 FIA GT Championship ( second overall )
- 1997 winner Macau Touring Car Race
- 1996 Super Tourenwagen Cup ( second overall )
- 1995 Winner 24 Hours of Spa
- 1995 Japanese Touring Car Championship
- 1994 BTCC BMW M3 ( 1 win )
- 1993 BTCC BMW M3 (3 wins )
- 1992 Winner 24 Hours of Spa
- 1992 German Touring Car Championship in a BMW M3 (2 wins )
- 1992 BTCC BMW M3
- 1991 BTCC BMW M3 (3 wins )
- 1991 German Touring Car Championship in a BMW M3
- 1988-89 German Touring Car Championship
- 1988 runner-up of the European Touring Car Championship (6 wins )
- 1987 winner of the Nürburgring 24 Hours
- 1986 World Touring Car Championship (Ford)
- 1984-85 European Touring Car Championship with Tom Walkinshaw Racing
- 1983 British Touring Car Championship and World Touring Car Championship ( Rover )
- 1982 Tourist Trophy in a Rover Vitesse
- 1981 1st Place British MG Metro Cup
- 1980 1st Place British Ford Fiesta Cup
- 1977 Mini Cooper Cup
Le Mans results
- Drivers in the 24 Hours of Le Mans
- DTM racer
- Racer ( UK )
- Born in 1952
- World Sports Car Championship racer