San Joaquin County
Stockton is a city in San Joaquin County in the U.S. state of California with about 325,000 inhabitants.
In the surrounding areas of the rapidly growing and conveniently located city wine is grown, especially in Lodi. The wine is produced industrially here. Traces of the gold rush, especially in Murphys, San Andreas and Angeles camp can be found.
Stockton is home to the University of the Pacific and of the Diocese of Stockton.
In recent years, the city was faced with an economic decline, and with the U.S. real estate crisis that particularly struck here. 2009 Stockton was on the Forbes list of the most dangerous cities in the United States in fifth place. In 2011 she was on the Forbes list of most miserable cities in the United States ranked first
In addition to the Interstate 5 run to the west of the city by Stockton nor the California State Routes 4, 26, 88 and 99
Insolvency of the city
The city has been hit hard by the effects of the U.S. housing crisis. The unemployment rate is around 16 %. On June 26, 2012 informed a representative of the city, negotiations with creditors have failed. On June 28, 2012, the city Stockton declared bankruptcy and filed a motion for creditor protection under Chapter 9 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Shizuoka, Japan Japan
- Iloilo City, Philippines Philippines
- Empalme, Mexico Mexico
- Foshan, People's Republic of China People's Republic of China
- Parma, Italy Italy
- Battambang, Cambodia
- Asaba, Nigeria Nigeria
Based in Stockton radio stations KWG had used a transmitting antenna until the mid- 1990s, which was supported by wooden towers. The average age of the population is 29.8 years, the proportion of Hispanics 32.5%.
Sons and daughters of the town
- Nicole Davis, volleyball player
- Izzy Gallegos, lead singer of the boy band US5
- Chris Isaak, singer and film actor
- Jimmy Maxwell, jazz and studio musician
- Fred Merkel, motorcycle racer
- Richard Montague, mathematician, logician, philosopher and linguist
- Michael Nava, lawyer and writer
- Chris Olivero, actor
- Grant -Lee Phillips, singer and songwriter, former member of the band Grant Lee Buffalo
- Beulah Quo, Actress
- Cliffie Stone, Country musician, presenter and producer
- Ross Thomas, actor
- Kara Walker, artist
- Nick Diaz, mixed martial arts fighter