- SPÖ: 12
- ÖVP: 7
Stoob (Hungarian: Csáva, Croatian: Stuma ) is a market town in the district Oberpullendorf in Burgenland in Austria.
The municipality is located in Central Burgenland in Stooberbachtal. Stoob is the only place in the community.
Before Christ's birth, the area was part of the Celtic kingdom of Noricum and belonged to the area of the Celtic hillfort castle on the Schwarzenbacher Castle Hill.
Later, under the Romans today Stoob then lay in the province of Pannonia.
The place was like the rest of Burgenland to 1920/21 Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had to be used because of Magyarization the government in Budapest the Hungarian name Csáva. After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ). Market town is Stoob since May 1, 1979.
Mayor of Stoob since 2002 Bruno Stutz stone (SPÖ ), Vice Mayor Joseph Stibi (ÖVP ). The chief officer is provided by Jochen Krug.
The distribution of seats (19 seats) in the municipal council is SPÖ 12, ÖVP 7, FPÖ 0, Green 0 0 lists and other mandates.
1925, the main school Stoob was built.
Stoob is known since the 17th century for its Hafner craft. In a land register of the feudal lord Lippay de Zombor 1676 is a Thoma Paur as Hafner in Stoob recorded. Guild pitcher from 1619 and guild chest with Brotherhood book and other documents from 1846 are preserved. According to an official attribution of the guilds in 1851 was a Hafnermeister on every fourth house.
1895, the Esterházy pottery factory was built, since 1893 there has been a Tongewerbefachschule. 1903 was the village of 220 houses, which was operated in the 27 Hafnerei. In the period before the First World War was Stoob by a pottery factory and a Tongewerbefachschule a center of trade Hafner.
Several pottery establishments, and the Vocational School of Ceramics (now: National school of ceramics and furnaces Stoob ), founded in 1956, initiated in 1959 as a new building, the only one of its kind in Austria, highlight the continued relevance of this craft for the market town. Moreover, offered for interested pottery classes.
- Mountain Church St.. John the Baptist ( former Catholic. Parish church from the 13th century)
- Protestant parish A. B. ( Christ Church ) (from 1962)
- Evangelical parsonage ( from 1786 or 1830), currently (2012 ) is located in the Lutheran Diocese Museum.
- Roman Catholic parish church St. John the Baptist ( from 1959)
- Cemetery with Calvary stations ( from 1889)
- Töpfermuseum Stoob
- Recreation area " Biri " (with about a hundred acres of the largest contiguous area of orchards in Burgenland)
- Johann Wolmuth (1865-1942), bricklayer and carpenter, politicians
- Heinz capon (1929-2008), politician
Ceramic fountain in the park-like main square in 1978 redesigned
Station building of Burgenlandbahn
Stoob (bottom center ) in 1880 (Record Journal of the land survey )