• ÖVP: 9
  • SPÖ: 4

Stotzing is a municipality in Burgenland in the district of Eisenstadt-Umgebung in Austria with 800 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2013).

The Hungarian name of the village is Lajtaszék.


The municipality is located in northern Burgenland, near the state capital of Eisenstadt. Stotzing is the only place in the community.


Before Christ's birth, the area was part of the Celtic kingdom of Noricum and belonged to the area of the Celtic hillfort castle on the Schwarzenbacher Castle Hill.

Later, under the Romans today Stotzing then lay in the province of Pannonia.

Originally ( In 1584 Emperor Rudolf II was the awarding of the rule ) the place of the baron Rupert of Stotzingen was (* 1540, † May 24, 1600 ) founded and built. His family coat of arms ( 1593) is still coat of arms of Stotzing. The first settlers had brought Ruprecht of Stotzingen from his native Württemberg.

The place belonged, like the rest of Burgenland, 1867-1920 / 21 toward Hungary ( German West Hungary). Since 1898, had the Hungarian name Stoczing or used since 1899 due to the Lajtaszék Magyarization the government in Budapest.

After the end of World War II German West Hungary was awarded in the Treaties of St. Germain and Trianon in 1919 Austria after tough negotiations. The place belongs since 1921 to the newly founded State of Burgenland (see also history of Burgenland ).


Mayor is Wolfgang costs of wine from the ÖVP.

The distribution of seats (13 seats) in the municipal council is 4 SPÖ, ÖVP 9, FPÖ 0, Green 0 0 lists and other mandates.


Parish and pilgrimage church Stotzing:

Built from 1743 to 1748, with a mighty baroque central west tower, magnificent interior. The 1749/50 built remarkable high altar is the work of Hofsteinmetzmeister Elias hill from Kaiser quarry. The former parish church of the Servite connected (Repeal 1787) is the parsonage today.