Støekov (Slovak to 1948 " Kert "; Hungarian Kürt ) is a city and a municipality in western Slovakia with 2071 inhabitants ( 31 December 2011). It is located in Okres Nové Zámky kraj a circle of Nitriansky. The community is predominantly Hungarian-, in 2001 were of 2,233 inhabitants 88.80 % Hungarians and 9.54% Slovaks, plus 0.99% Gypsies. After confession, almost all residents known to the Roman Catholic Church ( 94.72 %).
Støekov is located in the Slovak Danube lowland, more specifically in the Danube hills. Through the town of Bach PARIZ flows. The center is located 28 kilometers from Nové Zámky and 29 kilometers from Štúrovo.
The town was first mentioned in 1075 when Kurt writing.
Until 1919 part of which is in the county Komárom place the Kingdom of Hungary and was then Czechoslovakia. 1938-45 he was on the basis of the First Vienna Award again in Hungary. In 1948, the village name was changed from national political name to " Støekov "
- Baroque Roman Catholic Church of All Saints from 1755
Støekov station on the railway line Bratislava -Budapest, two kilometers away from the provincial road II/509.