Stupava (UherskÃ© HradiÅ¡tÄ› District)
Stupava ( German Stupawa ) is a municipality with 150 inhabitants in the Czech Republic. It is located 15 km north- west of Stare Mesto at the Kyjovka in the Martian mountains. The land area is 711 ha
Surrounded by wooded hills village stretches at 345 m asl located on the upper reaches of the Kyjovka in a narrow valley. West is the dam Koryčany. In the northeast Stupava 50 is affected by the European route 50/Staatsstraße between Bučovice and Buchlovice. Within walking distance is also the highest mountain Gipgel of Mars, the Brdo in the Northeast.
Neighboring towns are Zástřizly in the north, Staré Hutě in the northeast, Buchlov and Buchlovice the southeast, Vranovy Žleby in the south, Vřesovice in the southwest, and Koryčany Liskovec in the west and Střílky in the northwest.
Stupava was founded in 1690, the chief settlement phase was 1695-1705. Residents living from the livestock industry, but they could not feed so that part emigrated and others sought work in the cities. Most earned their bread by the charcoal or worked in the glass factories of Koryčany and Stare Hutě or in Buchlowitzer forest. 1857 began the planned since the 18th century construction of a church, which was completed in 1859 and 1863 raised to the parish church. Stupava, which was until then gepfarrt after Osvetimany was vicarage for Korycanská Huť and Stare Hutě. Between 1924 and 1939 pearl goods were manufactured in Stupava.
The place is now mainly resort and has 80 cottages and 10 cabins. To the holiday home owners including the tennis player Jiří Novák. In the winter months it is a popular ski and snowboard resort.
- Church of St. Clement, built in 1857
- Remains of the castle Střílky
- Brdo with lookout tower