Stylian (Latin: Stylianus, gr: Στυλιανός ) is a Christian male first name.
Stylian comes from Latin gr stylos or stylus to German "pillar", and means " the pillars Festivals ", " firm like a pillar ."
- Italian: Stiliano (also abbreviated form Stelio ).
- Modern Greek: Stylianos ( Stelios also short form ).
- Romanian: Stelian.
- Bulgarian: Stilijan (other shapes Stilian, Stiljan, Stelijan, Stelian ).
The feast can be attributed to the following saints:
- St. Stylian of Paphlagonia (4th century ), monk; Remembrance on 26 November.
Well-known bearers of the name
- St. Stylian (4th century ), monk
- Stelio Candelli ( born 1931 ), Italian actor
- Stylianos Pattakos (* 1912), Greek officer and politician
- Stelios Kazantzidis (1931-2001) Greek singer
- Stelio Fenzo ( born 1932 ), Italian comic artist
- Stelio Frati (1919-2010), Italian aircraft designer
- Stelios Giannakopoulos ( born 1974 ), Greek footballer
- Stelios Malezas ( born 1985 ), Greek footballer
- Stelios Haji- Ioannou (born 1967 ), Greek entrepreneur
- Stelio Fiorenza ( born 1945 ), Italian film director and screenwriter
- Stelios Kyriakides, Greek marathon runner
- Stylianos Schicho ( * 1977 ), Austrian artist
- Male first name