Sue de Beer
Life and works
De Beer studied at the Parsons The New School for Design in New York in 1995 and made her Bachelor of Fine Arts. In 1998 she completed her Master of Fine Arts from the University of Columbia. As an artist she used means of expression such as photography, video and sculpture to show the relationship between memory and history.
She teaches as an associate professor at New York University and lives and works in Brooklyn.
- 2011 The Ghosts, Park Avenue Armory, New York, curated by Art Production Fund
- 2011 Depiction of a Star Obscured by Another Figure, Marianne Boesky Gallery, New York
- 2008 Sue de Beer & Delia Gonzalez: Polaroid Ghost Graveyard, The Forgotten Bar, Berlin
- Permanent Revolution in 2007, Arndt and Partner, Berlin (also: Sandroni Rey Gallery, Los Angeles and 2008 Museum van Hedendaagse Arts Antwerp)
- 2006 The Quickening, Marianne Boesky Gallery, New York
- 2003 Hans & Grete, Kunst-Werke Berlin (also: Postmasters Gallery, New York)
- 2002 Photographs, Künstlerhaus Bethanien, Berlin
- 2000 Sue de Beer & Laura Parnes: Heidi 2, Los Angeles Contemporary Exhibitions, Los Angeles (also: Deitch Projects, New York)