Sulimice ( German Zillmitz ) is a village in the Polish West Pomeranian Voivodeship and is part of the rural community Darłowo (Rügenwalde ) in a circle Sławno ( Schlawe ).
Sulimice located nine kilometers east of Darłowo and six kilometers from the Baltic Sea coast on the southern slope of a ridge, the north of the village with the Varzowicka Góra ( Pigow Mountain) 72 meters above sea level. achieved. The district descends south to Wieprza ( Wipper ) from back. The south edge of Sulimice is from the province road 203 ( Koszalin ( Koszalin ) - Darłowo - Ustka ( Stolpmünde ) ) by driving, crossing the street from Kowalewice (Alt ball joke ) to Barzowice ( Barzwitz ) here.
Neighboring locations are: in the west Zakrzewo ( bag height), in the north Barzowice ( Barzwitz ), to the east Dzierżęcin ( Dörsenthin ) and Karsino ( Karzin ) and in the south Kowalewice (Alt ball joke) and Zielnowo ( Sellen ).
Sulimice (aka Zillmitz ) is probably of Slavic origin, probably it's a foundation originally Wendish. An earlier name is Chzebbenitze.
Zillmitz with a knight's seat in Drosedow (now Polish: Drozdowo ) was immemorial feud those of Grape. 1539 reversed the Pomeranian Duke House be Jagdgut Karwitz ( Karwice ) to Jochen Grape against Drosedow. Since then include Zillmit and Drosedow to Rügenwalder office.
Around 1780 had Zillmitz: 12 farmers, 1 Landkossät, 2 Straßenkossäten (including a school-master ), 2 Büdner and one shepherd's house with a total of 18 fireplaces. In 1818, there were 234 inhabitants. Their number increased to 1905 to 381 in 1939 and amounted to 327
Before 1945, the community Zillmitz was the living quarters Drosedow and Brinkenhof and the communities Barzwitz ( Barzowice ) Dörsenthin ( Dzierżęcin ) Karzin ( Karsino ) Palzwitz ( Palczewice ) and Vitte ( Wicie ) part of the administrative district Palzwitz district Schlawe i Pom. in the district of the Prussian province of Pomerania Pomerania. Also the registry office was based in Palzwitz, while the local court was in Rügenwalde.
On March 7, 1945 Russian troops occupied the place. As the war came Zillmit under the name Sulimice to Poland and is now a part of Gmina Darłowo in powiat Slawienski the West Pomeranian Voivodeship. Now home to 130 people.
Before 1945, the population of Zillmitz predominantly Protestant denomination was. The village belonged to Barzwitz (now Polish: Barzowice ) Dörsenthin ( Dzierżęcin ) Drosedow ( Drozdowo ) Karzin ( Karsino ) and Vitte ( Wicie ) to the parish church in the county Barzwitz Rügenwalde the ecclesiastical province of the Church of the Old Prussian Pomerania Union. Last German clergyman was Father Franz birches.
Since 1945, the population of Sulimice is almost exclusively Catholic. The place belongs to the current parish Barzowice the deanery in the Diocese of Koszalin - Kolobrzeg Darłowo of the Catholic Church in Poland. Evangelical Church members are assigned to the parish Koszalin ( Koszalin ) in the Diocese of Pomerania - Greater Poland the Evangelical-Augsburg Church in Poland.
In the Zillmitzer elementary school teaching before 1945 included eight years of education. Last German headmaster was a teacher Bielang to 1941, then took different representation forces from the neighborhood true teaching.