Summerland (TV series)
Summerland Beach ( Original Title: Summerland ) was an American television series which ran on the WB television station the first on 1 June 2004 and was canceled after two seasons on 18 July 2005 due to low viewership. In Germany, the TV station ProSieben began on 7 January 2006 with the airing of the first season. The final second season radiates from sixx since 7 August 2010, the TV channels. She was nominated in 2005 for Best Series at the Young Artist Awards.
Fashion designer Ava lives with her three best friends, her ex-boyfriend Johnny, the surf shop owner Jay and her business partner Susannah, in a California coastal town. The three live a quiet life, to Ava's sister and her husband come by accident and Ava gets custody of their three children, who now have to move from Kansas to California.
The sixteen year old Bradin has to struggle as a teenager with his own problems, but trying to help his younger brothers, wherever he can. The twelve -year-old Nikki 've always liked her aunt, but is a little resistant against the attempt of her aunt to live up to the legacy of her sister. The eight- year-old Derrick has had enough to do to understand the big questions of life, the death and the family.
Ava has no other choice than the help of her friends in the education of children to avail: Susannah clarity, Johnny's role as a father figure, and Jays understanding of the young people help Ava.
- Nominated 2005 Young Artist Award Best Family Television Series ( Drama ) ( Best Family Television Series ( Drama ) )
- Best Acting Performance of a young leading actor in a television series ( Best Performance in a TV Series ( Comedy or Drama ) - Leading Young Actor) for Jesse McCartney
- Choice TV Actor: Drama for Jesse McCartney
- Image Award Outstanding Directing in a Drama Series ( Outstanding Directing in a Dramatic Series ) for Janice Cooke -Leonard
- Won Young Artist Award Best Acting Performance of a young actress in a television series ( Best Performance in a TV Series ( Comedy or Drama ) - Leading Young Actress) for Kay Panabaker