Super Sport, or SS, is an equipment package from Chevrolet for many of their vehicle series since 1961. Some of the better known models are SS Camaro, Chevelle, El Camino, Impala and Nova. What began as a visual enhancement of the Impala began in 1961, 1966 was a general sports package.
In 1994, the Impala SS was introduced again, until then the package was only available for two-door cars. Since that time, however you could get the SS package for almost all brand vehicles.
Both earlier and today includes the Super Sport Package Sport tires, a stronger suspension and increase engine power, also numerous other performance and appearance upgrades. Many SS models wearing an SS logo on the grill.
Since 2013, the model Chevrolet SS Sports Sedan is also available.
Current SS models
- Chevrolet Camaro - 6.2 l V8
- Chevrolet Cobalt - 2.0 L Ecotec LSJ R4 compressor
- Chevrolet Impala - 5.3 liter LS4 V8
- Chevrolet Malibu - 3.6L V6
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo - 5.3 liter LS4 V8
- Chevrolet Silverado - 6.0 L Vortec Max V8
- Chevrolet Trail Blazer - 6.0 liter LS2 V8
- Chevrolet HHR - 2.0l Turbo R4
Former SS models
- Chevrolet Impala 1961-1969, 1994-1996, 2003-2005
- Chevrolet Biscayne 1962-1969,
- Chevrolet Monte Carlo 1970-1972, 1983-1988
- Chevrolet Camaro 1967-1972, 1996-2002
- Chevrolet Chevelle
- Chevrolet El Camino
- Chevrolet Nova
- Acadian Canadian Nova (neither under the Chevrolet brand still Pontiac; similar to the Beaumont- line)
- Chevrolet C1500 454SS 1990-1993
- Chevrolet S- 10 1994-1998
- Holden Commodore Australia (no Chevrolet, Holden is a trademark of General Motors)
Current cars: Aveo | Camaro | Cobalt | Corvette | Impala | Malibu | SS | Volt
Current vans, crossovers, SUVs and commercial vehicles: Avalanche | Colorado | City Express | Equinox | Express | Kodiak | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe | Traverse | W- series
Historic cars 1912-1942: 490 | B | C | D | F | F | FA | FB | H | K | L | M | V | Capitol | Classic Six | Confederate | Copper - Cooled | Fleetline | Independence | International | Light Six | Master | Master 85 | Master Deluxe Master | Eagle | National | Special Deluxe | Standard | Standard Mercury | Superior | General
Historic cars 1946-2012: Beauville | Bel Air | Beretta | Biscayne | Brookwood | Caprice | Cavalier | Celebrity | Chevelle | Chevette | Chevy II | Citation | Classic | Corsica | Corvair | Corvette | Del Ray | Deluxe | Deluxe 210 | Fleetline | Fleet Master | Greenbrier | Handyman | HHR | Kingswood | Kingswood Estate | Lakewood | Lumina | Malibu | Monte Carlo | Monza | Nomad | Nova | One -Fifty | Parkwood | Special | Special 150 | Sprint | Style Line | Style Master | Super Sport | Townsman | Two-Ten | Vega | Yeoman
Historical vans and commercial vehicles: Astro | Beauville | Bison | Blazer | Bruin | C Series | Cheyenne | Corvair 95 | Corvan | El Camino | G Series | Greenbrier | K- series | Load Side | Lumina APV | LUV | Meriva | R- series | Rampside | S series | Scottsdale | SSR | T- series | Titan | Trailblazer | Trans Sport | Uplander | V Series | Van | venture | Wienermobile
Prototypes and concept vehicles: Cheyenne | GM Sequel | Nomad