Susannah Heschel is the daughter of Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel. It works since 2005 when Eli Black Professor of Jewish Studies at Dartmouth College. In 1972, she competed at the Jewish Theological Seminary in New York City for admission to the faculty of the seminary, knowing that it until then no women wanted to order in this position. She was a guest lecturer at Princeton University, the University of Cape Town and the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main.
2006 she was a representative of the Green Zionist Alliance at the World Zionist Congress.
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Doctor of the Colorado College in Colorado Springs, USA.
- Honorary Doctor of St. Michael 's College, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Doctor Theologiae honorary Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, United States.
- Honorary Doctor of Augustana, University of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Bavaria, Neuendettelsau.
- John M. Manley Huntingdon Award from Dartmouth College.
- Jacobus Family Fellow at Dartmouth College.
- Honorary member of the student fraternity Phi Beta Kappa.
- 2000: Abraham Geiger Prize of the Abraham Geiger College in Berlin.
- 2009: Scholarship from the Carnegie Foundation for the Study of Jewish scholars and Islam.