Suzuka (Japanese铃鹿 市, -shi ) is a city in Mie Prefecture on Honshu, the main island of Japan.
By Suzuka since the Asuka period an important east -west road link running. In the city center, the castle was Kambe (神 戸 城, Kambe - jo ), from the ruins still remain. On the territory of today's Suzuka two postal stations were (宿 场 町Shukuba -machi ) of the Tōkaidō during the Edo period: Ishiyakushi and Shono.
- Street: National Highway 1, towards Tokyo or Kyoto
- JR Central / JR West Kansai Main Line
- Kintetsu Nagoya Line
- Kintetsu Suzuka Line
Suzuka was known primarily for the motor racing track Suzuka International Racing Course, site of Munich, among others, since 1987, the Japanese Grand Prix in the Formula 1 and the 1963-2003 Grand Prix of Japan in the World Motorcycle Championship was discharged.
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Mie Prefecture Yokkaichi
Sons and daughters of the town
- Saitō Ryokuu (1867-1904), writer and critic
- Nobutsuna Sasaki (1872-1963), writer
- Yukiko Takahashi (born 1967 ), volleyball and beach volleyball player