Sylvia Fowles Shaqueria (born 6 October 1985 in Miami, Florida, United States) is a professional basketball player. She currently plays for the Chicago Sky in the Women's National Basketball Association.
- 2.1 College
Sylvia Fowles played from 2005 to 2008 for the LSU Lady Tigers, the Lady's basketball team at Louisiana State University. In all four seasons, she led the Lady Tigers to the Final Four of the NCAA Women's Division I Basketball Championship. During her time at college, she received numerous awards.
On January 21, 2007, she succeeded as the sixth player in a U.S. college game a dunk.
Women's National Basketball Association
Sylvia Fowles was selected in the WNBA Draft in 2008 by the Chicago Sky at the second location. The 2008 season is their first season in the WNBA.
In 2008 she won the gold medal at the Summer Olympics in Beijing with the U.S. national basketball team.
- 2005 SEC Sixth Woman of the Year
- 2005 Second -team All- SEC
- 2005 SEC All- Freshman
- 2005 honorable mention All-America (AP )
- 2005 & 2006 First -team All- Louisiana
- 2005 Louisiana Freshman of the Year
- 2006 First -team All- SEC
- 2006 Third -team All-American (AP )
- 2007 SEC All- Tournament team
- 2007 First -team All-American ( ESPN.com, Wooden Award, USBWA )
- 2007 Second -team All-American (AP )
- 2007 Kodak All-America
- 2007 First -team All- SEC
- 2007 Fresno Regional MOP
- 2008 SEC Player of the Year