Tachikawa (Japanese立 川 市, -shi ) is a city located in Tokyo west of Tokyo.
Tachikawa is located west of Tokyo and north of Hachioji. The Tama River flows through the city from southwest to southeast.
As Tachikawa -mura, a village community in the district Kitatama ( North Tama ) of Kanagawa Prefecture, Tachikawa in 1889 was the introduction of modern municipal orders. In 1893 it became part of Tokyo Prefecture, as the three western parts of the circle Tama Kanagawa to Tokyo have been transferred. 1923 Tachikawa Tachikawa was as - machi ( kreisangehorige ) city. Since 1940, there Tachikawa -shi, it was the third county-level city in Tokyo to Tokyo and Hachioji and the 175th nationwide.
- Train: railway station in Tachikawa JR Chūō Main Line: Tokyo Hachioji or
- JR Nambu Line: by Kawasaki
- JR Ome Line: according to Okutama
- Tama Monorail
- National Road 20: Tokyo or Shiojiri
- United States San Bernardino, USA, since 1959
Sons and daughters of the town
- Alan Hale ( American astronomer )
- Sentoryū Henri (Former sumo wrestler )
Adjacent Cities and Towns