Takashima (Japanese高 岛 市, -shi ) is a city in Shiga Prefecture in Japan.
The large Japanese department store chain Takashimaya was named after the city.
The Chō Takashima (高 岛 町, chō ) was established on April 29, 1943 from the merger of Chō Ōmizo (大 沟 町, chō ) and the Mura Mizuo (水 尾村, -mura ) and Takashima (高 岛村, -mura ) in Takashima -gun. On April 30, 1943 Parts of Chō Shiga were (志 贺 町, -chō ) incorporated in Takashima in Shiga Prefecture.
The appointment to Shi was on 1 January 2005 from the merger of Chō Takashima with Adogawa (安 昙 川 町, chō ), Imazu (今 津 町, chō ), Makino (マキノ 町, chō ), Shinasahi (新 旭 町, - chō ) and the mura Kutsuki (朽木 村, -mura ) in Takashima -gun. The gun was then dissolved.
- Street: National Road 161, according to Otsu Cities or Tsuruga
- National Road 303, according to Gifu or Wakasa
- National Road 367, to Kyoto or Wakasa
- JR Kosei Line, to Kyoto or Nishiazai
- United States Petoskey (Michigan ) United States
Adjacent Cities and Towns
- Otsu Cities