TAV Airports Holding
TAV Airports Holding ( TAV Holding A.Ş. Havalimanlari ) based in Istanbul is a listed Turkish airport operator, originally as Tepe Akfen Ventures ( TAV ) as a joint venture between Tepe Construction ( Tepe İnşaat Sanayi AS) and the Akfen Construction ( Akfen İnşaat Turizm ve Ticaret AS) was created to build the airport Ataturk. 2010 a total of 10 airports were operated in Turkey, Tunisia, Georgia and Macedonia with a total passenger volume of 47.6 million.
In 1997, the two construction companies Tepe Construction and Akfen Construction got the contract for the expansion and modernization of the airport Ataturk founded the company and for this purpose as a joint venture. After completion of the airport, the area construction was spun off in 2003 in the TAV Construction through a spin-off. TAV Airports Holding is listed on the Istanbul Stock Exchange since 2007; the two original founders, Tepe and Akfen were, initially, each with 26 % still major shareholders of the company; Sera Construction, a Baununternehmen held an additional 4 % of the capital.
On March 12, 2012 it was announced that the French airport operator ADP has a total of 38 % of the company for over U.S. $ 874 million ( with a valuation of the company of U.S. $ 2.3 billion ); simultaneously assumes ADP 49% of TAV Construction. The previous majority owner ( Tepe, Akfen and Sera ) remain with a total of 18 % stake in TAV Construction and TAV Airports at 51%.
- Istanbul Ataturk Airport in Istanbul
- Ankara Airport Ankara
- İzmir Airport in İzmir
- Alanya Gazipasa airport near Alanya
- Tbilisi Airport Tbilisi / Georgia
- Batumi airport in Batumi / Georgia
- Skopje Airport Skopje / Macedonia
- Ohrid Airport Ohrid / Macedonia
- Enfidha airport in Enfidha / Tunisia
- Monastir Airport Monastir / Tunisia
- Medina in Medina Airport / Saudi Arabia
In March 2009, TAV Airport Holdings has been awarded the contract to operate the airport Riga in Latvia. There are about 250 million euros will be invested for the modernization and expansion of the airport Riga.
TAV operates through subsidiaries, a number of airport-related services such as duty-free sales, catering, ground handling ( ground handling ), IT and security. Important investments are, inter alia:
- BTA Catering: mid 1999 BTA Catering founded as a joint venture of Bilintur and Tepe and Akfen for catering at Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
- Havaş: The Yer Hizmetleri A.Ş. Havaalanları ( Havaş ) takes over the ground handling at airports. In July 2005, TAV Airport Holding has acquired a stake of 60 percent in Havaş; 40 percent are held by Swissport.