Tbilisi central station
Tbilisi Zentraluri Sadguri (Georgian თბილისის ცენტრალური სადგური, Tbilisi Central Railway Station ) is the central passenger station to the Georgian capital, Tbilisi, and also the most important passenger rail hub in the country.
The Tbilisi central railway station is on the route of the Georgian Railway of Poti -Tbilisi- Gardabani and on to Azerbaijan. Operate on her, starting from Tbilisi, in the west long-distance trains to Kutaisi, Zugdidi, Batumi, Osurgeti and Poti, in an easterly direction to the capitals of neighboring countries Yerevan and Baku, as well as local trains after Gardabani and Sadachlo and to Tbilisi Airport.
The transport was carried out in a westerly direction until March 2011 by its own railway station, the station Borjomi (Georgian თბილისის ბორჯომის ვაგზალი ). This area has now been shut down for the passenger. According to the official definition of Borjomi Station is also part of the main or central station, as it is the identical maneuvering area. The train station and sales building and the platform are, however, 200m west of it. Since April 2011, however, take the regional train towards Borjomi directly from the track 2 from the main railway station.
At the Central Station, the interchange station Sadguris Moedani is (formerly Wagslis Moedani ) (Georgian ვაგზლის მოედანი, " Station Square " ) between the two lines of the Metro Tbilisi, see Sadguris Moedani -1 and Sadguris Moedani -2.
The central train station, in particular the waiting area for travelers on the third floor, is open from 6:00 clock in the morning until 2:00 clock in the morning.
The first central station of the city of Tbilisi was built in 1872 along the route of the Trans- Caucasian Railway (Georgian სამხრეთკავკასიური სარკინიგზო მაგისტრალი, Russian Закавказская железная дорога, Sakawkasskaja schelesnaja doroga ), which since 1871 Tbilisi Zestaponi and since October 10, 1872, the port of Poti on the Black Sea union, opened in place of today's railway station. By 1883 the continuation of the route east to Baku on the Caspian Sea, and thus the connection to the railway network of the Russian Empire took place.
In the 1940s, the building was demolished and replaced by one in Stalinist architecture. This, in turn, corresponded in the 1970s no longer on the market requirements and has been replaced by a 1982 building opened in brutalist architecture. The architects of the building Bairamaschwili R., I. Qawlaschwili, G. and A. Schawdia Dschibladse won a national award in 1992 for their work.
Present and future
The main building of the Tbilisi central railway station, from 2006, was gradually renovated. During this time, a gold and jewelery market was held in part premises and remembered little of its actual use as a train station. During the renovation of the building in large parts to a shopping center ( Tbilisi centralization ) was rebuilt and inaugurated new in May 2010. The railway line through Tbilisi to be in the coming years is replaced by a double track bypass connection that bypasses Tbilisi northeast. The central train station is shut down after the opening of the new route, which is scheduled in 2015 for rail traffic and dismantled the railway infrastructure. Instead, there will be two terminal stations for passenger - in the northwest of Tbilisi Didube the train station, to the metro station, and in the southeast the Nawtlughi station ( Ostbahnhof dt ) at the Metro station Samgori. A continuous connection for passenger trains or a direct transition are no longer possible in the future. West European transport experts judge favored by the U.S. consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton project critical.