Tel Aviv Museum of Art
The Tel Aviv Museum of Art was founded in 1932 in the home of the first mayor of Tel Aviv, Meir Dizengoff. In 1971 it moved to its current location in the Shaul - Hamelekh Street.
The museum houses a collection of classical and contemporary art, especially by Israeli artists, a sculpture garden and a youth wing.
To exhibit works of the most important styles of the first half of the 20th century: Fauvism, German Expressionism, Cubism, Futurism, Russian Constructivism, De Stijl, and surrealism, with works by Joan Miró, French art from Impressionism and late impressionism to Paris School of works by Chaim Soutine. Among the artists represented are Claude Monet, Camille Pissarro, Pierre- Auguste Renoir, Paul Cézanne, Alfred Sisley, Henri Edmond Cross, Pierre Bonnard, Tsuguharu Foujita, Henri Matisse, Amedeo Modigliani, Gustav Klimt, Wassily Kandinsky, Marc Chagall and Reuven Rubin. Also on display are works by Pablo Picasso from the Blue Period, the neoclassical period and from his later work. The Peggy Guggenheim Collection of the Museum, a donation of 1950, comprises 36 works, including Jackson Pollock, William Baziotes, Richard Pousette-Dart, Yves Tanguy, Roberto Matta and André Masson.
On November 2, 2011, the new Herta and Paul Amir building with the exhibition Schevirat ha - Kelim was opened by the German artist Anselm Kiefer ( the vessels break). The generous wing was headed by the American architect Preston Scott Cohen. In the new building there are two rooms of 244 m² size, gallery of German friends. The Friends of the Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Germany became financially involved in the construction of the new building and wants to contribute to the exchange between German and Israeli museums.
Archive of Israeli Architecture
The new archive of Israeli Architecture Gallery to open in 2013