The Temple University is a university in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. With 37 367 students it belongs, along with the Pennsylvania State University, one of the largest universities in Pennsylvania. The university is autonomous, but receives government funds. It is therefore referred to as state- related University.
The origins of the Temple University date back to the Philadelphia Dental College was founded in 1867. The formal establishment of the university as Temple College took place in 1884.
- Main campus in Philadelphia
- Health Sciences Campus in North Philadelphia
- Center City ( Humanities and Economics )
- Ambler (26 km northwest of Philadelphia with 4,600 students)
- Harrisburg ( Pennsylvania) ( Education, Social Administration and Economics )
- Fort Washington ( computer science, education, pharmacy and Economics
- Tyler School of Art in Elkins Park in Philadelphia
- Temple University Japan with 1,700 students
- Temple University, Rome
The sports teams of Temple University, the Temple Owls. The university is a member of the American Athletic Conference since 2013.