Tennis for Two
Tennis for Two is a game that was developed and designed in 1958 by American physicist William Higinbotham at Brookhaven National Laboratory. It can be regarded as the first video game. The hardware consisted of an analog computer and a five -inch ( 12.5 cm) small oscilloscope. The entire system consisted of several parts and was about five feet wide. Were used as input two small boxes, with a button for striking the ball, and a knob for adjusting the rebound angle.
The view at Tennis for Two is a side view of the tennis court; the ball is affected by the gravity, and it has to be played over a network.
The game is the predecessor of the popular Pong. Presentation was held the game on the day of the open door of the nuclear research center in the sports hall.
2011 Tennis for Two was redeveloped as a T42 for the Museum of Electronic Games & Art (MEGA ) as discrete circuit. 2012 was a tennis -for -Two - installation on a Telefunken analog computer for presentation at a scientific analog computer media conference at the Humboldt University in Berlin.