Tha Sala District
Amphoe Tha Sala ( Thai: อำเภอ ท่าศาลา ) is a district ( Amphoe ) in the province ( Changwat ) Nakhon Si Thammarat. The Nakhon Si Thammarat province is located in the southern region of Thailand, about 780 km south of Bangkok on the east coast of the Malay Peninsula to the Gulf of Thailand.
Neighbouring districts (from the south clockwise): Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Si Thammarat which, Phrom Khiri, Nopphitam and Sihon. All Amphoe located in the province of Nakhon Si Thammarat. To the east lies the Gulf of Thailand.
Ending the Thesaphiban management reform five Mueang Nakhon Si Thammarat of the kingdom have been merged to form this district of Nakhon Si Thammarat province. These were Mueang Thai Buri, Ron Ka Ro, Klai, Mo Khlan and Noppitham. The district was named for its establishment in 1897, first Klai ( กลาย ), it was divided into ten Tambon Tha Sala, Tha Khuen, Sa Kaeo, Klai, Thaiburi, Ka Ro, Noppitham, Hua Taphan, Mo Khlan and Don Tako. The first district chairman was Charoen (May Sap Nam Sakun ), the administration was on the coast in Ban Paknam Thasung. In 1916, the administration building was moved to Tambon Tha Sala, therefore, the district was also renamed in Tha Sala.
In 1995 the western part was separated to form the new sub-district ( King Amphoe ) Nopphitam.
In Amphoe Tha Sala is the Walailak University.
Amphoe Tha Sala is divided into ten municipalities ( tambon), which in turn in 107 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Tha Sala is also the name of a small town ( thesaban tambon) in the district, it consists of parts of the tambon Tha Sala.
In addition, there are ten " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.
Note: the missing geocodes are among the Tambon from which Nopphitam there.