Tha Uthen District
Amphoe Tha Uthen ( Thai: อำเภอ ท่าอุเทน ) is a district ( Amphoe - administrative district ) of Nakhon Phanom. The Nakhon Phanom Province is located in the northeast region of Thailand, the so-called Isaan.
Neighbouring districts (from the south clockwise): Amphoe Mueang Nakhon Phanom which, Phon Sawan, Si Songkhram and Ban Phaeng of Nakhon Phanom. To the east on the other bank of the Mekong province of Laos is Khammuan.
The Principality ( Mueang ) Tha Uthen was originally Chairit Uttaburi ( ไชย ฤทธิ์ อุ ต ต บุรี ) and was in today's Tambon Chaiburi. It was founded in 1808 by a leader of the Thai Yao named Thao Mo and his wife Nan Su Tha. Thao Mo migrated with his followers from the Mueang Hong sawadi in today's Laos from here. Him the title of Phraya Hong sawadi was subsequently awarded.
In 1870 appointed King Mongkut (Rama IV ) his son Phra Si Worarat to the head of the city Tha Uthen, he died in 1899. Later, the Thai Ministry of the Interior decided that the city should no longer be conducted by a member of the Royal Family, but by one member appointed by the Ministry governor.
In 1907, Mueang Tha Uthen was converted to a county.
Amphoe Tha Uthen is divided into nine municipalities ( tambon), which in turn in 112 villages ( Muban ) are divided.
Tha Uthen itself ( Thai: เทศบาล ตำบล ท่าอุเทน ) has a small-town status ( thesaban tambon), it consists of the whole tambon Tha Uthen.
In addition, there are eight " Tambon Administrative Organizations" (TAO, องค์การ บริหาร ส่วน ตำบล - administrative organizations) in the district.
Note: The missing geocodes are among the tambon which now belong to Amphoe Phon Sawan.