Thalheim (Swiss German: tɑlə ) is a municipality in the district of Brugg in the canton of Aargau. It is located approximately eight kilometers south-west of the main town in the district Schenkenbergertal, about halfway between Basel and Zurich.
The village is situated at the end of Schenkenbergertals which extends in an east-west direction of the Aare near Schinznach- village to Staffelegg. The valley is bounded by two mountain ranges of the Jura Mountains. The Gislifluh (772 m above sea level. M. ) and the Homberg ( 776 m above sea level. M. ) form the southern chain. Just north of the village stand on three mountains, which are separated by two valleys. From east to west, these are the Kastel mountain ( 523 m above sea level. M. ), the Schenkenberg (631 meters) and the Hard ( 776 m above sea level. M. ). The Milchbrunnental makes a few hundred meters a bend to the west and separates the hardware from Würzburg ( Mount ) ( 801 m above sea level. M. ). The eastern valley runs north and merges with undulating terrain, which marks the transition to the Tabular Jura. The Zeiher Homberg ( 782 m above sea level. M. ) forms the northern border. The actual village Thalheim consists of two distinctly separate parts, the younger and the older sub- village Oberndorf. There are about a dozen farms, which are spread throughout the municipality. The major among them are Rischeln (630 m above sea level. M. ) in the extreme southwest and Kilholz in the north.
The area of the municipality is 992 hectares, of which 431 hectares are forested and built over 57 hectares. The highest point is the summit of seasonings to 801 meters, the deepest is 415 meters on the eastern boundary of the municipality. In spring Thalheim different streams: These are firstly the Gländbach, the Hegibach, the Gäckertbach and Rischelebach that flow together with the Talbach direction Aar, on the other hand Sissle and Zeiherbach, drain the Thalheim over the Frick valley in the Rhine.
Neighboring municipalities are Zeihen in the north, Schinznach in the northeast, Auenstein the southeast, beaver stone in the south, Kuettigen in the southwest and Densbüren in the West.
The current municipal area of Thalheim was already settled by the Alemanni, as shown by grave finds in Staffelegg. The first mention of Frichgove Taleheim was in 1064 along with Frick and Remigen in a deed, which Henry IV exhibited the monastery Ottmar home. All three places were at this time to Frickgau. The meaning of the name has remained unchanged ( " Valley City "). On behalf of the Habsburgs was at the beginning of the 13th century the castle Schenkenberg ( first documentary mention in 1243 ). The rule Schenkenberg extended in the 15th century over a large part of present-day district of Brugg.
1460 captured the city of Bern, the rule, which had now become part of the subject areas in the Bernese Aargau. Thalheim formed a separate judicial district within the Office Schenkenberg, which was administered from the castle. 1528 resulted in the Bernese the Reformation. Because of disrepair the castle had to be abandoned in 1720 and the Governor moved to the nearby Schloss Wildenstein at Veltheim. The Schenkenberg castle fell into ruin, served for several decades as a quarry and reached 1918 in the possession of the Aargau association of Homeland Security. 1640 a school house was first mentioned. In March 1798, the French conquered Switzerland, the disempowered " Gracious gentlemen " of Bern and proclaimed the Helvetic Republic. Thalheim has since been to the canton of Aargau. End of the 19th century came the once important wine growing in a deep crisis, when the vineyards were destroyed by phylloxera and mildew. Many residents lost their livelihood and had to move out of their home. Between 1850 and 1980, the population decreased by more than half. But since then is again an increase recorded, even if the village has not yet regained its former size. During the Second World War, several dozen Polish soldiers were interned in Thalheim, which built the Poland Street.
The Schenkenberg ruins on the summit of the mountain of the same name, is away on foot around 30 minutes from the village center. Today it is the largest castle ruins in the canton of Aargau and is classified as a historical monument of national importance. Visible are the still towering remains of the keep and great hall, two round towers, farm building, the gate and the sprawling city walls.
The church Thalheim located on a slightly elevated position, surrounded by a cemetery. The walls of the nave are today partly in the Romanesque style. 1543 was an extension and renewal. The remarkable baptismal font was donated in 1675 by the Schenkenberg Obervogt Samuel Thormann. The 1731/32 built parsonage dominates the village square and points to the Bernese past the Aargau. Directly in front is the octagonal fountain in the village in 1856, which consists of Tuscany granite.
The Gislifluh above the village can be reached via a footpath via Gländloch. Also worth seeing is the Polish road which leads towards Schenkenberg ruins.
Coat of arms
The blazon of the municipal coat of arms is: " In white blue grape on green stem with two green leaves. » The grapes are an indication of the once important viticulture, which was the livelihood of the village earlier. The municipality's seal of 1872 is a large two-bladed grape to see on that of 1872, however, a vine on three mountain with four grapes. To avoid confusion with the coat of Zeiningen, the Municipal Assembly decided to reintroduce the old coat of arms in 1959.
On December 31, 2013 764 people lived in Thalheim, the proportion of foreigners was 4.5%. At the 2000 census, 76.6 % were reformed and 12.6 % Roman Catholic; 1.6% belonged to other faiths. 98.5 % identified German as their main language.
Politics and Law
The Assembly of the voters, the municipal assembly, shall exercise the legislative power. Executive authority is the five-member council. His term of office is four years and he was elected in Majorzverfahren ( majority voting procedure) by the people. He leads and represents the community. To this end, he implements the decisions of the municipal assembly and the tasks that were assigned to him by the cantonal and federal.
For litigation, the District Court Brugg is responsible. Thalheim part of the justice of the peace circle Veltheim.
In Thalheim, there are according to Census 2008, about 220 workstations, 30 % in agriculture, 31 % in industry and 39 % in services. Most workers are commuters and work in the region Aarau / Lenzburg / Brugg.
Thalheim is on the main road between Schinznach and Staffelegg- pass, which it meets the main road 24 from Aarau to Frick. From Thalheim cause roads to Beaver stone, Zeihen and Effingen. The village is at the end of the post bus line 371 from Brugg railway station and also trains running from there night bus N42, Schenkenberg Liner ( nights Friday / Saturday and Saturday / Sunday). The nearest train station is in Wildegg
The municipality has a kindergarten and a primary school. The junior high school and the secondary school can be visited in Veltheim ( 1st / 2nd class) and Schinznach (3rd / 4th class), the school district also in Schinznach. The nearest district school (high school ) is located in Aarau.
- For historical reasons, Thalheim has its own power supply, which supplies the village and the Northern courts as Kilholz with electricity. The farms Staffelegg and Rischeln are supplied by the IBAarau with electricity. The hamlets and mountain Schlattmann are connected directly to the network of AEW
- On special occasions the Mixed Choir maintains the " Thalnerlied ", on August 1.
- In Thalheim, a separate dialect was spoken to in the presence of young, the " valley Uch earth " can be heard in the village but only rarely. This dialect is very strong attributed to the Bern German.
- In Thalheim each geberzelet on 2 January, when this custom draw the figures with camel through the village and transmit the citizens New Year greetings.