The Best Damn Thing
- Vocals, guitar: Avril Lavigne
- Guitar, piano, bass, keyboard, drums Lukasz Gottwald
- Guitar, bass Butch Walker
- Guitar: Tim Pierce (on Innocence )
- Guitar: Greg Suran (on Innocence )
- Bass: Paul Bushaell (on Innocence )
- Bass: Chris Chaney (on Contagious )
- Drums: Steve Wolf
- Drums: Josh Freese
- Drums: Kenny Aronoff
- Drums: Steve Jocz
- Keyboard, Piano: Jamie Muhoberac (on Innocence )
- Violin: Cyan Wilson ( to Keep Holding On)
- Cello: Larry Corbett ( to Keep Holding On)
Butch Walker, Deryck Whibley
The Best Damn Thing (English for "The best damn thing " ) is the third studio album by the Canadian rock singer Avril Lavigne, released in Germany on 13 April 2007. In the U.S., the publication took place only four days later. Already on February 2, had published the cover art for the album Lavigne's record label RCA. As a producer acted Deryck Whibley, among other things, Lavigne's former husband. Overall, The Best Damn Thing sold over 5 million copies and peaked in the world charts of the year one of the top positions.
According to an article in the music website Billboard.com reminds the new single Girlfriend to Toni Basil's song Mickey. I Can Do Better is a fast track. The song When You're Gone, which begins with piano and synthesizer is, however, described as a ballad. The last song on the Billboard could hear in advance, called Everything Back but You and is a pop / punk track in the style of Rancid.
Avril Lavigne has written for AOL Music brief comments on their new songs Girlfriend, I Can Do Better, Everything Back But You and When You're Gone, which be as follows:
- Girlfriend - "This is the first single from my new album I'm excited because Girlfriend is slightly different, it is a new sound, but it 's still me The song is really fun and makes one stand up and want to dance.. !. "
- I Can Do Better - " This song is one of my favorite Travis Barker playing the drums here I had a lot of fun with the track.. . "
- Everything Back but You - "This song is about a fictional story about a guy on a postcard instead of ' I Wish You Were Here ' ( I wish you were here ) ' I wish you were here ' ( I wish you, they 're ) writes. Something like that. "
- When You're Gone - " The song is a ballad about the abandonment of a person you love and the little things that you will miss her. "
To promote the album was organized a tour called The Best Damn concert tour that began in Canada and the U.S. in March 2008 and was continued later in Europe and Asia. For the preliminary program in Europe, the American pop band Jonas Brothers was hired. During their world tour Lavigne was watching in the June / July 2008 also in Germany and Austria. In the Canadian city of Toronto was also at the same time at a concert named after the tour DVD, which was released on 5 September 2008 in Europe and on September 9th in North America.
This version was censored, ie expletives were removed (eg bitch in Runaway and shit at Girlfriend ). There also exist a " Deluxe Edition", which includes a making-of and a " Limited Edition " on the other bonus tracks, all music videos to Hot and four live tracks from the " Orange Lounge " are included.
The first single by the end of March 2007 Girlfriend was presented. Even before the song Keep Holding On was released as a single, which was written by Lavigne and Dr. Luke. He was already on the soundtrack of the movie Eragon - was created the legacy of the Dragon Riders and released as a consequence. After Girlfriend followed When You're Gone, Hot and The Best Damn Thing.