The Muppets Take Manhattan
- Jim Henson ( Kermit the Frog, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Danish chef, Waldorf )
- Frank Oz ( Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Animal )
- Steve Whitmire ( Rizzo, Gil )
- Richard Hunt ( Scooter, Janice, Statler )
- Jerry Nelson ( Camilla, Lew Zealand, Floyd )
- Dave Goelz ( Gonzo, Chester, Bill, Zoot )
- Juliana Donald (Jenny )
- Lonny Price ( Ronnie )
- Linda Lavin ( doctor of Kermit )
- Gregory Hines ( Rollerskater )
- Joan Rivers (perfume dealer )
- Elliott Gould ( Cop in Pete's )
- Brooke Shields ( customer in Pete's )
The Muppets Take Manhattan is a puppet animation film from 1984, based on the television series The Muppet Show.
At the beginning of the movie The Muppets perform in their college on a musical. After all hold the musical for a pronounced success, they decide to travel together to Manhattan to where it, too Musical listed. Later wants Miss Piggy love of her life, Kermit the Frog marry.
The attempt of the Muppets seem to be crowned first by little success, every attempt fails due to the financial difficulties of the Muppets. To ensure their own survival, the Muppets have to take other jobs.
As just has been found for the musical, a funder, Kermit gets hit by a car and loses his memory. A short time later he begins his new life as a copywriter. After the Muppets and their funders Kermit have searched for days on end, they decide to perform the musical without him. Shortly before the beginning of the musical gained Kermit back his memory and it can be carried out as planned.
By a trick it manages Miss Piggy, Kermit to marry her.
The Muppets Take Manhattan is one of seven films that emerged by 1999 based on the Muppet Show. Many of the dolls were controlled by Jim Henson, creator of the series, and Frank Oz.
In the final scene, musical play far more than 100 dolls.
Among the celebrities who conquer in The Muppets Manhattan have a cameo appearance, including Elliott Gould, Liza Minnelli and Brooke Shields.
1985 Jeff Moss in the category Best Film Music for his composition of each film songs was nominated for an Oscar.
As the best family feature film ( comedy or musical) he was awarded the Young Artist Award.