Tulasne is the son of a tennis teacher and was a very successful youth player. Among other things, he won the Junior World Championship in 1980. He was primarily a clay court player, as evidenced, among other things, that he won four of his five professional tournament victories on this pad. His most significant victory was the one at the ATP tournament in Barcelona, where in 1985 he defeated in five sets in the final, Wilander. His best finish in the world ranking was number 10 (1986).
Tulasne was ten years Davis Cup player for France ( for the first time in 1980 at the age of 17 ), and came here to, among other things on the side of Yannick Noah, Henri Leconte and Guy Forget. In 2001, he was coach of the French team at the side of Davis Cup captain Forget.
He also coached Sébastien Grosjean and Paul -Henri Mathieu. He is currently the coach of the young Gilles Simon.
- Victory at the Grand Prix tournaments Bastaad 1981, Bologna, 1985, Palermo, 1985, Barcelona 1985, Metz 1986
- Victory in the Coupe Galéa 1980 ( with Henri Leconte and Jérôme Potier )
- French Mr. Meister 1983 and 1984
- Youth World Champion 1980
- Victory at the Junior Wimbledon tournament in 1980
- Victory at the Italian Open Junior tournament in 1980
- Orange Bowl 1978
- French junior champion in 1978, runner-up in 1979