Euphemia " Tika " Sumpter ( born June 20, 1980 in New York ) is an American actress, singer and model. She is known for her roles of Layla Williamson in love, lies, passion and the recurring role Raina Thorpe in Gossip Girl.
Sumpter was born in New York City and joined the " Longwood Senior High School " in Middletown, Iceland, New York from. Then she studied at Marymount Manhattan College with a major in communication.
She began her career as a model and appeared in commercials for Hewlett -Packard and Liz Claiborne 's Curve fragrances. In 2004, she was co -host of the series Best Friend 's Date. The following year she landed the role of Layla Williamson in One Life to Live.
From January to May 2011 was published in Sumpter as Raina Thorpe Gossip Girl, the daughter of Russell Thorpe and Chuck Bass / Nate's former affair.
She played the girlfriend of the singer Jason Derülo in the music video for his song It Girl.
On 12 September 2012 it was announced that Sumpter would play in the musical movie Sparkle alongside Jordin Sparks, Whitney Houston, Derek Luke and Carmen Ejogo one of the sisters. Sparkle is a remake of the eponymous film of 1976. At the heart of the youngest sister, a musical prodigy named Sparkle Williams ( Jordin Sparks ) is. Her whole life revolves around becoming a star, while the destroyed her family. Originally R & B singer Aaliyah was considered for the role of Sparkle, but after her death in 2001 in a plane crash the production of the film was set. 2002 had the filming to begin. 2012 appeared a new version of Sparkle. It was filmed in the fall of 2011 over a period of two months. The film, which co-starred Sumpter, celebrated on August 17, 2012 in the United States premiere.
- 2005-2011: love, lies, passion ( One Life to Live, TV Series, 234 episodes)
- 2006: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (TV series, 1 episode)
- 2010: Stomp the Yard 2 ( Stomp the Yard 2: Homecoming )
- 2010: Salt
- 2011: The Game ( TV series, 10 episodes)
- 2011: What's Your Number (What's Your Number? )
- 2011: Whisper Me a Lullaby
- 2012: Gossip Girl (TV series, 11 episodes)
- 2012: Think like a man ( Think Like a Man)
- 2012: Sparkle
- Since 2013: Being Mary Jane ( TV series)
- 2013: My Man Is a Loser