Tjako van Schie
Van Schie has been trained at the Conservatory of Zwolle. He attended several master classes, among others, the New York pianist Jacob Latins.
From 1999, he has a visiting professor at the Conservatory in Porto ( Portugal). In 2001 he went on tour in the People's Republic of China. In the same year he gave concerts in the Netherlands and Portugal, together with the Orquestra Portuguesa de Saxofones, also known as Vento do Norte.
Van Schie is also a composer and arranger. He wrote compositions for different ensembles and edited classical music for new instrumentation. For example, he worked on compositions by Robert Schumann for piano and saxophone ensemble.
Van Schie is now living in the Dutch province of Overijssel.
- CD: The Goldberg Variations BWV 988 of Johann Sebastian Bach (1991 )
- Koninginnedagconcert - CMK, with The Coevorder Mannenkoor (1991 )
- Overijssel Zingt (double cd) - Mirasound, with all the choirs of Overijssel ( 1993)
- CD: Shtil di nakht iz oysgeshternt - Yiddishe music from the ghettos and concentration camps, 1995, EMI, reissued in 2005 by EMI: Tjako van Schie - piano & Adriaan Stoet - viole
- CD: Water bron van leven, 1998 Compositions for Piano by several composers on "Water ", with four of his compositions and a piano solo by Bedřich Smetana 's Má Vlast Moldau from
- Akoestisch signaal - Mirasound, with the Dutch police choir of Drenthe ( 1996)
- Shtil di nakht iz oysgeshternt - EMI, reassigned (2005)
- The violin, yeah the violin! - GILL / SONY, several composers ( Adriaan Stoet -violin & Tjako van Schie -piano ) (2008 )